i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I'm coming from iMac 21,5 retina and the impossibility to upgrade the ram memory took me to the decion to build my firts hackintosh. I'm very satisfied about the functionality, but I'm quite disappointed abaout the quality of the image on the 4K monitor from Samsung 28". Colourse and not very vivid and images seams to lack of resolution.
My question is if it's a matter of the quality of the hardware (500$) or there are some hidden settings that i can work on?
What shall I do to have the same effect of the iMac display. Any reccomandations?

Have you run the calibration in the Displays preference pane, after correctly adjusting the monitor's settings? The iMac's display is set and calibrated at the factory, with few adjustments, unlike a stand-alone monitor. It's your job to make it look it's best.

Resolution isn't something that's subjective, so if you're not running at the display's native resolution the image will likely be poor without proper scaling.

I remember reading reviews on a Samsung 4K 28" monitor, when I was looking, and the reviews were poor. I don't remember the specific model, but I think it was a TN panel. This might not apply to your model, but if you spend time working on it and still can't make it look good, it might be the product itself, that's poor.

Thank for your reply! I tried palying with the calibration after your suggestion and something better seams I obtained, but far from iMac display. Maybe I'll check again with different contrast/brightness combinations.
The strange is that watching a 4k video on youtube, the quality is excellent, but the pic on Facebook or Instagram are grainy and over saturated/dark.
I choose the Samsung 4K QLED because of design sideral gray and pretty nice experience with SamsungTV QLED. Anyway, I'll keep trying the calibration until I'll decide what kind of display can match the retina effect. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back