Asus GTX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey Yall,

I have a short question, hope some of you have the knowledge.

This week Im gonna build my first hacknintosh. I want to use it for video editing primaraly. Some gaming would be nice. I do not have a big budget. I live in Holland and I've found two really cool occasions.

Dell Ultrasharp U2312 HM (23") €140,- ($183,-)
Dell Ultrasharp U2311 H (23") €100,- ($131,-)

The fifty dollars shouldn't really be a problem. I just want to know what the best screen is. Would be nice to get some tips!

Ciao,

Morgan

The big difference is that the 2311 is CCFL backlit and the 2312 is LED backlit. Don't know about the 2312, but the 2311 is a great display for photo editing. It has good color and is very close to print color once you have calibrated the screen. Not sure how that would translate to video editing.

The big difference is that the 2311 is CCFL backlit and the 2312 is LED backlit. Don't know about the 2312, but the 2311 is a great display for photo editing. It has good color and is very close to print color once you have calibrated the screen. Not sure how that would translate to video editing.

Thanks!
I read that LED backlight screens produce more blue light, but are more power efficient. Whilst the CCFL backlights screens lose brightness after some time (like, after 8 months a clear decrease), but are better for the eyes.

Does anyone know more about CCFL vs LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back