CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Vega 64 LC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When recording my screen with QuickTime or any screen recording software, I get a message like that and no video being saved.

This started happening after upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave.

Any ideas?

When recording my screen with QuickTime or any screen recording software, I get a message like that and no video being saved.
This started happening after upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave.
Any ideas?
Installed Lilu+WhateverGreen and use shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 bootargs

Installed Lilu+WhateverGreen and use shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 bootargs

Can you please explain what those bootargs are for?

Can you please explain what those bootargs are for?
C++:
// Aside generic DRM unlock patches, which are always on, Shiki also provides a set of patches
    // to workaround various issues with hardware video acceleration support.
    // These are set as a shikigva boot-arg bitmask.
    // For example, to enable ForceOnlineRenderer, ExecutableWhitelist, and ReplaceBoardID
    // you sum 1 + 8 + 32 = 41 -> and pass shikigva=41.
    enum ShikiGVAPatches {
        // Remove forceOfflineRenderer from AppleGVA Info.plist.
        // This is required to allow hardware acceleration on several mac models with discrete GPUs
        // when only IGPU is available.
        // See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for more details.
        ForceOnlineRenderer        = 1,
        // Remve hweBGRA from AppleGVA Info.plist.
        // hweBGRA is not supported by NVIDIA GPUs, so the patch is sometimes required when using NVIDIA
        // in a mac model meant to be used with AMD or Intel.
        // See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for more details.
        AllowNonBGRA               = 2,
        // Prior to 10.13.4 certain GPU+CPU combinations were not meant to provide hardware acceleration and had to be patched.
        // The overall problematic configuration list is: NVIDIA+BDW, NVIDIA+SKL, NVIDIA+KBL, AMD+IVB, NVIDIA+SNB.
        // Enabled automatically if shikigva is *NOT* passed on 10.13.3 and earlier. All are fixed in 10.13.4.
        ForceCompatibleRenderer    = 4,
        // Unlike 10.12.6 without security updates and earlier, on 10.13 and latest 10.12.6 AppleGVA patches
        // do not apply to all processes, and each process needs to be patched explicitly. This is a bug
        // in Lilu, which needs to be explored and fixed. For now this bit ensures that the processes present
        // in WHITELIST section of Patches.plist will definitely get the fixes even on 10.13 and 10.12.6.
        // On 10.12.6 and 10.13 this must be used if any of the following bits are used:
        // - ForceOnlineRenderer
        // - AllowNonBGRA
        // - ForceCompatibleRenderer
        // - ReplaceBoardID
        // - FixSandyBridgeClassName
        // It is enabled automatically on 10.12 and 10.13 if shikigva is *NOT* passed and ForceCompatibleRenderer or
        // FixSandyBridgeClassName are automatically enabled.
        AddExecutableWhitelist     = 8,
        DisabledUnused16           = 16,
        // Replace board-id used by AppleGVA by a different board-id.
        // Sometimes it is feasible to use different GPU acceleration settings from the main mac model.
        // By default Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 (iMac14,2) will be used, but you can override this via shiki-id boot-arg.
        ReplaceBoardID             = 32,
        // Attempt to support fps.1_0 (FairPlay 1.0) in Safari.
        // This should technically fix some very old streaming services in Safari, which rely on FairPlay DRM
        // similar to the one found in iTunes. Newer streaming services require FairPlay 2.0, which is hardware-only,
        // so nothing could be done about them.
        // Another way to enable this is to pass -shikifps boot argument.
        UnlockFP10Streaming        = 64,
        DeprecatedUnused128        = 128
    };
https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/WhateverGreen/kern_shiki.hpp

Providing both bootargs resulted in my GPU going 100% TDP all the time.

Then only providing shikivga=32 resulted in no change at all...

Thanks for your help, but this didn't work.

This solved it for me:

1548417112387.png

this is helpful. but after computer restart again screen recording doesn't work :/

this is helpful. but after computer restart again screen recording doesn't work :/

Same for me. I've started watching the system logs when I try to screen record, and found this:

gva encoder error branch_encoder1_amd2, input format not supported

This seems to be the issue, but I don't know how to fix that yet.

hmm, anyone got a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back