i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I'm having trouble getting my first build to boot correctly. After installing and running MultiBeast, the display goes black after the Apple progress bar gets to around 60%. In verbose it displays:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 00.12.55.JPG

I've look as far as I can across the forum (many people had the same issue, mostly while installing High Sierra). I found a workaround which allows me to boot properly:

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 / 10.12.6 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with a FakeID (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

While the FakeID during the boot screen get my running, i think these kexts only work for High Sierra, and after rebooting I still have the same issue.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 00.13.11.JPG

I've tried a number of things, so far with no result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

I'm having trouble getting my first build to boot correctly. After installing and running MultiBeast, the display goes black after the Apple progress bar gets to around 60%. In verbose it displays:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

View attachment 449522

I've look as far as I can across the forum (many people had the same issue, mostly while installing High Sierra). I found a workaround which allows me to boot properly:

While the FakeID during the boot screen get my running, i think these kexts only work for High Sierra, and after rebooting I still have the same issue.

View attachment 449523

I've tried a number of things, so far with no result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try getting rid of the FakeID. In my experience, that causes more problems than it helps.

The video out ports on your motherboard may need patching. Please see the following guide:

Ah yes, I also came across another post suggesting that the issue may have to do with the actual display or display cable (I'm using an HDMI to DVI cable, using an old monitor I already had). I'll give the above patch a try now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back