Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Been a while since I used a Hackintosh. Spent the better part of the week setting up some of my spare parts to make a new Hackintosh. Hoping one of you all can lend a hand.

The specs:
* Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 v1.1
* i7-6700K
* 16GB HyperX DD4, 2133MHz Memory
* NVMe Samsung 970D, 250GB boot drive

I currently have the build in test bench config splayed out all over my spare desk and connecting by way of HDMI to a TV. I desperately want to put the Apple Thunderbolt (not Cinema) Display to use that I've had sitting gating dust since 2015.

I am up and running and my USB-C/Thunderbolt adapter has been recognized and firmware in Windows. The device is usable for USB media in Hackintosh. When I attempt to connect my Thunderbolt Display the system warns "Cannot use Thunderbolt Accessory" - 'Thunderbolt Accessories are not supported on this Mac'

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 162
Usually for the Mac thunderbolt you need a PCI slot card and there should be a Thunderbolt header on the motherboard (similar to the USB header for the case). Does your motherboard have the header on it or is there a dedicated Thunderbolt port on the rear outputs?

Been a while since I used a Hackintosh. Spent the better part of the week setting up some of my spare parts to make a new Hackintosh. Hoping one of you all can lend a hand.

The specs:
* Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 v1.1
* i7-6700K
* 16GB HyperX DD4, 2133MHz Memory
* NVMe Samsung 970D, 250GB boot drive

I currently have the build in test bench config splayed out all over my spare desk and connecting by way of HDMI to a TV. I desperately want to put the Apple Thunderbolt (not Cinema) Display to use that I've had sitting gating dust since 2015.

I am up and running and my USB-C/Thunderbolt adapter has been recognized and firmware in Windows. The device is usable for USB media in Hackintosh. When I attempt to connect my Thunderbolt Display the system warns "Cannot use Thunderbolt Accessory" - 'Thunderbolt Accessories are not supported on this Mac'
Any luck with your Thunderbolt Display to hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back