Contribute
Register

Mojave Security Update 2020-004 Will Not Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Mojave users: does not seem to be worth it ...
The only change applicable to mojave seems to be a rvim security improvement via scripting like python
See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211289
Have a blazing fast core i9 working system ATM and I do not use safari either (chrome guy), current updates are useless to me on Mojave.

"In Vim before 8.1.0881, users can circumvent the rvim restricted mode and execute arbitrary OS commands via scripting interfaces (e.g., Python, Ruby, or Lua)."

Failed via automatic update, it just kept booting to installer and failing with "The macOS installation couldn't be completed" screen full of debug code but succeeded from /Library/Updates as per instructions on previous page.

How do I remove that annoying "MacOS Install" entry in boot menu left over after failed automatic update though?

reading this posts has scared me, but I have to admit the "Mojave Security Update 2020-004" as-is, was just working fine on my end, no issues at all.

Asus Prime Z390-A
Mojave 10.14.6
iMac 19.1
Vega56

Failed via automatic update, it just kept booting to installer and failing with "The macOS installation couldn't be completed" screen full of debug code but succeeded from /Library/Updates as per instructions on previous page.

How do I remove that annoying "MacOS Install" entry in boot menu left over after failed automatic update though?
open Library/Updates and delete the update folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back