CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, this is my first post and I googled a looooot so this is my last chance.

I have Dell Optiplex 990 and I have installed Mojave on GTX 1050 without any problem, I have replaced 1050 with RX 580, everything works except graphic acceleration.
I tried everything, installed Lilu and WhateverGreen and still with no success.

I have picture, full resolution but no acceleration. System recognize my graphic card, on system preferences it say "AMD Radeon RX 580" but it also say 7 MB. When I try to set Inject ATI and set FrameBuffer to Orinoco, when system start in DPCI Manager it recognizes its name but frame buffer is ".Display_boot" and not Orinoco. I use HDMI, my graphic card has 2DP 2HDMI and 1 DVI.

When I try to install Catalina or anything else I got black screen. I am thinking to sell this Graphic Card and never try again to install MacOS, it gonna give me diabetes.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 62
I have solved it and when I saw solution I have installed Catalina, fully out of the box, every single thing works except Clover, I cannot install it on SSD so I boot it every time from USB. The problem with graphic card was frame buffer, I tried with Acre and everything works perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 17.08.23.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 17.08.23.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
geekbre, hi bro, can you help me? i have the same Dell... but i dont have a nvidia gtx to make the installer succes... ialways get blackscreen after darwin loading verbose...have the same RX580 with the same ports... can you share your efi please?

geekbre, hi bro, can you help me? i have the same Dell... but i dont have a nvidia gtx to make the installer succes... ialways get blackscreen after darwin loading verbose...have the same RX580 with the same ports... can you share your efi please?

Use Lilu 1.4.4 and WeG 1.3.9 kexts in /Clover kexts/Other folder.

And add the following in your boot arguments.

Code:
agdpmod=pikera

Thousand of topics, people have issues, people find the solution but they don't describe what the solution is. Come on, it's not so difficult, but it's really stressful searching between a lot of these kind of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back