Contribute
Register

Mojave on Dell M4800!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you going with installing mojave on dell m4800?
1. If you are facing the usb issues when you installing ,you should try the eSATA/USB port which is on the back of dell m4800.

i got dark screen when disable optimus
my gpu Quadro K2100M, anyone known how to use that gpu for builtin display?

I followed a guide for the m6800 mojave (which had a bootpack EFI folder posted) and it worked very well. You can google it, and it pops right up. Using this, the k2100m works natively and when you disable switching in the bios, it uses the quadro gpu exclusively. No black screen. I'm unsure about cuda. I think what fixes the black screen specifically is the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts.

However, past that, I think there are some subtle differences between the m6800 files and what's needed for our m4800's. And even some slight differences between different flavors of m4800. Aside from the intel wifi, which I plan to replace, I was able to get everything working except for bluetooth and webcam. Which I think are on the USB bus? Does anyone have any ideas to help me get those going? Or some kexts that worked for you? From some other posts, it seems one idea is to edit the SMBIOS with different models of mac until you find one that enables all of the USB functionality - is this the case? Should I just start experimenting?

My usb ports are all working currently and seem to be full speed.

I should probably update my profile with the specs for this new machine - it's a i7-4800mq with the k2100m and 16gb of ram. I've not been able to tell what model webcam or bluetooth this has (bluetooth may very well be on the wlan card and a lost cause).

I followed a guide for the m6800 mojave (which had a bootpack EFI folder posted) and it worked very well. You can google it, and it pops right up. Using this, the k2100m works natively and when you disable switching in the bios, it uses the quadro gpu exclusively. No black screen. I'm unsure about cuda. I think what fixes the black screen specifically is the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts.

Which kexts did you use? I have a m4800 and couldn't get past the black screen when trying to use the nvidia card

I've got the same config. Do you have the 4k screen?

Install works with an hdmi monitor connecrted but I'm still stuck with a blank laptop screen.

Any idea how to get the laptop screen going?

edit: fixed it, sorta

going into config.plist and checking nv_disable=1 gives me a laptop screen working at 1600x1200 with Nvidia acceleration obviously disabled. I get a cinebench 15 cpu test of 638 while the opengl test won't even run.

Last edited:
edit: fixed it, sorta

going into config.plist and checking nv_disable=1 gives me a laptop screen working at 1600x1200 with Nvidia acceleration obviously disabled. I get a cinebench 15 cpu test of 638 while the opengl test won't even run.

I've also been using the laptop in the meanwhile with nv_disable=1 in config.plist. It's usable but no hardware acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back