Motherboard
Dell OptiPlex 9020
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
New to the forum, hopefully this is the right spot to post this.

I have an NVME, to able to install Mojave on it, when I make the Unibeast drive do I add the NvmExpressDxe-64.efi at this point to the drivers64UEFI folder? and would I need to have a spinning HD or SSD apart from the NVME attached to the 9020?

when I make the Unibeast drive do I add the NvmExpressDxe-64.efi at this point to the drivers64UEFI folder? and would I need to have a spinning HD or SSD apart from the NVME attached to the 9020?
The best approach is to install to a Sata SSD/HD first, then the NVMe later after that Sata drive is fully working. It's easiest to simply clone the Sata drive over to the NVMe with Carbon Copy Cloner. Since both drives are internal it will happen very quickly.

Last edited:
The best approach is to install to a Sata SSD/HD first, then the NVMe later after that Sata drive is fully working.
I might have posted in the wrong thread. sorry about that. I see now it's all guides. Thank you once again for your help. I was having trouble over the weekend. I'll try doing a Regular HD. Are any spinning HD supported? The 9020 I got didn't come with any storage device.

Are any spinning HD supported? The 9020 I got didn't come with any storage device.
If they are SATA and not IDE then you can use most any spinner drive. Problem is that they are really slow.

If they are SATA and not IDE then you can use most any spinner drive. Problem is that they are really slow.
Awesome. Yeah I think i'm going to get an SSD (per your 9020 guide) and use that for the initial install and then switch to NVME. thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back