Contribute
Register

Mojave on ASUS GL551JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Do I need to use the windows option to create the installer or can I move straight to downloading opencore?
nah, you can jump straight to post 2, download the files from post 1 first and then make any amendments as needed in post 2, but post 1 is always a fun read though :)

nah, you can jump straight to post 2, download the files from post 1 first and then make any amendments as needed in post 2, but post 1 is always a fun read though :)
Where in the config is SMBIOS?

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • OC.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
Found it, and followed post 2. Give me this when trying to boot. Attached is the OC folder as well.
I was able to get past the error by updating the kext from the GitHub. It booted but the screen is all jumbled?

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
I was able to get past the error by updating the kext from the GitHub. It booted but the screen is all jumbled?
I was able to fix this by enabling CSM in my bios. Installing now as I type this.

I was able to fix this by enabling CSM in my bios. Installing now as I type this.
Are there any resources for configuration as far as my laptop goes? I can see that the Intel chip is working. Not sure about the NvIDIA chip. And mouse and keyboard work. Only thing I would like to figure out is WiFi since I don’t have access to Ethernet at the moment.

Are there any resources for configuration as far as my laptop goes? I can see that the Intel chip is working. Not sure about the NvIDIA chip. And mouse and keyboard work. Only thing I would like to figure out is WiFi since I don’t have access to Ethernet at the moment.
your nvidia card won't work, you will need to disable that one:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/mojave-laptop-support.196/

you may have intel wifi / bluetooth, there are kexts to make that work, have not used them myself though

your nvidia card won't work, you will need to disable that one:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/mojave-laptop-support.196/

you may have intel wifi / bluetooth, there are kexts to make that work, have not used them myself though
I was able to find a text for intel wifi that I wanted to try. But I am unable to mount the EFI partition. I’ve tried hackintool, clover configurator, terminal and disk utility. It does not
Mount. Also I can’t seem to figure out how to disable the nvidia card.

I was able to find a text for intel wifi that I wanted to try. But I am unable to mount the EFI partition. I’ve tried hackintool, clover configurator, terminal and disk utility. It does not
Mount. Also I can’t seem to figure out how to disable the nvidia card.
in what way are you unable to mount your EFI?

the guide in my signature mentions about mounting the EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back