Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Skybay
CPU
i3-7100u
Graphics
HD 620
Does the Mojave Installer require other Clover-Settings than the High Sierra Installer?

I already successfully made a High Sierra Installation on my Kaby Lake Mini PC (i3-7100u, Intel HD 620). Used the latest Clover EFI, rehab man's config.plist for Intel 620 graphics, a small set of necessary files in kexts (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, USBInjectAll) and drivers64UEFI folder. DVMT-prealloc is set to 64MB, graphics are recognized in High Sierra with "Intel HD Graphics 620 1536 MB".

Trying to install Mojave from scratch I even cannot make it to the installer itself with the same Clover as used for High Sierra. It stops on "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 ". The High Sierra Installer has some sort of short video glitch at nearly that stage (Apple Logo and Loading Bar flicker short in RGB), then the loading bar continues to the installer.

Which settings could be changed in config.plist or other files to get the Mojave installer running? Thanks in advance.

a small set of necessary files in kexts (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, USBInjectAll) and drivers64UEFI folder.
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated - Now part of WhateverGreen.kext.

It stops on "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 ".
Usually (but not always) indicative of a graphics problem.

Which settings could be changed in config.plist or other files to get the Mojave installer running?
Try an invalid platform ID 0x12345678.
Clover boot menu - Options - Graphics Injector - Fake ID Platform-id.

Edit : Corrected Fake ID / Platform-id.

Last edited:
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated - Now part of WhateverGreen.kext.

In fact, given that the OP appears to have a Kaby Lake CPU, if he's installing from the latest Mojave installer (10.14.4) he may be running into the issue that is fixed by the as-yet-unreleased WhateverGreen 1.2.8: "Added KBL graphics kernel panic workaround on 10.14.4+". A user has compiled a build from the repo here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/installation-of-10-14-4-update-causes-kp.274070/post-1931661

In fact, given that the OP appears to have a Kaby Lake CPU, if he's installing from the latest Mojave installer (10.14.4) he may be running into the issue that is fixed by the as-yet-unreleased WhateverGreen 1.2.8: "Added KBL graphics kernel panic workaround on 10.14.4+". A user has compiled a build from the repo here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/installation-of-10-14-4-update-causes-kp.274070/post-1931661
Perhaps but no mention of WhateverGreen.kext in his post :

a small set of necessary files in kexts (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, USBInjectAll)

True, I'm assuming that the bug that was fixed in 1.2.8 was a function that existed in IntelGraphicsFixup and was merged into WEG back when that happened, given that it's a function related specifically to IGPU init. My thinking is that IntelGraphicsFixup is causing the issue on 10.14.4 with Kaby Lake CPUs like older WEG versions do. It is just a theory though :D

Thanks for your answers. I removed IntelGraphicsFixup, added Whatevergreen, still stops on booting into Mojave Installer. But when I checked "Inject Intel" with *-platform-id:0x12345678 in Clover Options, left the FakeID untouched (0x00000000), it worked and I finally made it to the Mojave installer. I will give the installation a try within the next days. I'm curious if this is still necessary on the final installation. Can I add the invalid platform-id in my config.plist? Thanks in advance.

Unless you're using the as-yet-unreleased WhateverGreen 1.2.8 (available in the link I posted), you'll still run into the same issue on 10.14.4 if what is going on is what I *think* is going on. Enabling inject Intel also gets around this, but as it disables WEG's handling of the IGPU entirely, it's a sub-optimal solution as from my understanding WEG sets things up "more right" in terms of presenting your exact CPU to macOS. It should work OK enough until there is a final 1.2.8 WEG release if you don't want to try the version built by another forum user though.

Last edited:
I tried Whatevergreen.kext from the link above but no change, it stills stops on gIOScreenLockState. Installed Mojave with the 12345678-platform-ID workaround. System info shows "graphic card display 14MB" and "no kext loaded", everything runs slowly since there's nearly no graphic acceleration. At this state I haven't got a clue so far where I could tweak my Clover to get this working. Since High Sierra runs fine, Mojave seems to have at least one more new requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back