Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Problem after Multibeast Configuration (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmn699 you're a lifesaver. Before I started today (after snow blowing the driveway...), I went back into the BIOS and cleared all of the Boot Priorities except for #1, making that "UEFI OS". Then, as you suggested, I booted to the USB to get to the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen and then I selected the Mojave SSD. The boot process started and I sat and watched the Apple logo and the progress bar for about 10 minutes. Then the machine rebooted. I didn't touch anything and after a bit it got to the Mac OS set up screens (location, Apple ID, keyboard, desktop theme, etc). I went through those and now I am at the desktop (see screen shot). Sound works, as does the network. I decided not to try to reboot to see if the new Mojave SSD is, in fact, bootable or run MultiBeast until I heard from you. Here is also a screen shot of the "About this Mac" initial screen that shows that it is, in fact, reading as an iMac14,2 and that the Mojave SSD was the Startup Disk. Should I bite the bullet and try a restart or run MultiBeast? I can't thank you and Feartech enough. I was about ready to give up on this 10 year Hackintosh journey ....

• My suggestion is to perform a 'transplant surgery of EFI Folder' from the USB Installer on to the EFI Partition of the Mojave SSD replacing any EFI folder currently there.
  • This will make your System disk boot OK with a "proven Healthy EFI " of the Mojave USB Installer that served as a crutch for this Mojave SDD to boot From BIOS to CBM and to finally reach its Desktop.
    • If you use Multibeast at this time, you can topple the Mojave SSD Apple cart you just made a little while ago.

• To perform the above suggested 'procedure' :
  • Use CCG to mount the EFI Partition of USB and the SSD Mojave disks on the Desktop using bulleted steps: #4
  • Locate the USBs' white EFI Partition and open and find EFI Folder and copy and paste it on the Desktop (for safety and later can be deleted after all are done)
  • Locate Black EFI Partition of SSD and open and delete any EFI Folder seen
  • Copy and paste the EFI Folder previously pasted on Desktop on the now blank EFI of SSD
  • Now the transplant procedure is finished.
  • Try booting the newly operated Mojave SSD to see if it can boot without the Mojave USB.
  • Once that is done fix any Post-install problems with help if needed using Images uploaded to orient readers to what you are seeing on your Display.

OK, I transplanted the "known good" EFI folder from the Install Mojave USB into the Mojave SSD EFI Partition after I had deleted the EFI folder that was there and executed a shutdown. I then removed the Install Mojave USB drive and then executed a startup. I got to the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) and only the Mojave SSD was shown. I hit "enter" and lo and behold, it booted right up! Again, I can't thank you enough for all of your help. I really was at wits end. Now I've got to reinstall my Apps, hook back up my internal 3TB data drive and link the documents, photos, music, etc. to the boot drive.

One last thing, should I worry that System Information says that my Mojave SSD doesn't have Trim support?

OK, I transplanted the "known good" EFI folder from the Install Mojave USB into the Mojave SSD EFI Partition after I had deleted the EFI folder that was there and executed a shutdown. I then removed the Install Mojave USB drive and then executed a startup. I got to the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) and only the Mojave SSD was shown. I hit "enter" and lo and behold, it booted right up! Again, I can't thank you enough for all of your help. I really was at wits end. Now I've got to reinstall my Apps, hook back up my internal 3TB data drive and link the documents, photos, music, etc. to the boot drive.

One last thing, should I worry that System Information says that my Mojave SSD doesn't have Trim support?

I hit "enter" and lo and behold, it booted right up!
Congrats :clap:.

• I have not done it and not concerned about it as somebody who constantly uses different systems on different times with hard drive space in no short supply. [see Screen capture of my System Report_SATA/SATA EXPRESS]

• I also clone my disks and update the clones periodically to be in sync with the working disk inside the Computer case.
    • If you like to know my Cloning method, check this: #2

Attachments

• 1.System Report _SATA:SATA Express.png
    1.System Report _SATA:SATA Express.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 41
I updated Multibeast to 11.0.1 successfully; no problems but just a question: I see in the list of "Internal Changes" on the announcement page for Multibeast 11 a mention "Update all Customize -> System Definitions with latest BIOS versions." In fact, I did notice after installation that my "Bios Version" number (as revealed in Clover Configurator, see attached screenshot) was changed from what it had been under the earlier version of Multibeast (10.4.0) that I'd last installed. When a Multibeast update does that (and possibly also changes other entries such as Board Serial Number or SmUUID), should I just accept those new entries as changed? Or should I edit them back to the values I'd been using earlier?

Attachments

• SMBios.jpg
    SMBios.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 47
I am hoping this gets to cmn699. My machine has been stable ever since you assisted me. Today I, foolishly it turned out, to try to update to 10.14.4. After about 3 restarts when it tries to boot from the Mojave SSD it hangs up at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 (See attached photo of the screen. I am running off of the my i5-4690K's integrated graphics. Can you help an old man again???? Much thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6957.jpg
    IMG_6957.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 45
Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

Serial.png

Did you remember to update Clover before applying the 10.14.4. update ?

Last edited:
Pilgrim, thanks for your reply. Since my Clover was already on r4862 I did not update it. Today I went into the Bios and disabled the Serial Port in the "Super IO Configuration" area of the Bios "Peripherals" tab. Tried a boot-up and go stuck again at the same "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" place. I've attached a new photo of the Verbose screen. BTW, I do have an EVGA GT 620 1GB PCI Express video card that I used under 10.9 Mavericks that I could put in oif the integrated graphics is the cause of this.

Attachments

• IMG_6961.jpg
    IMG_6961.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
OK, I guess since the guide for the 10.14.4 Update said to make sure you at least were on r4862 (and I was) I thought I was fine. OK, now that I'm stuck, how would I go about getting out of this mess? If I need to update clover on this SSD, can I boot from my old 10.13 SSD and then update the Mojave Clover? If so, how exactly do I do that? Would I run MultiBeast 11.1 on it once I boot from another SSD? Thanks in advance.

now that I'm stuck, how would I go about getting out of this mess?
Try booting with an invalid platform id 0x12345678.
Clover boot menu - Options - Graphics injector

Would I run MultiBeast 11.1 on it once I boot from another SSD?
MultiBeast only ever includes whatever version is current at the time of release.
You can download the latest version from Sourceforge.

Be sure to update Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext too.

If the 10.14.4 update has failed to complete you should still have the option in Clover to boot from your previous OS.

Another thing to consider is that Mojave now insists on APFS, did you install an APFS driver ?
Either apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (not both) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back