CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to update to MacOS Mojave and no matter how boot I get this error. I know I am a little late to Mojave but I had a nivida card and didn't want to deal with the lack of drivers. Now after selling my old 1060 and planning to get a radeon graphics card not sure which one yet I wanted to update my computer before Catalina came out using intel graphics. Ive tried directly upgrading through standard method with the same error then I tried making a usb to do the install with the same result. Ive been all around the forum with no clear answer to this problem. Thanks in advance to anybody that helps.

I have had this happen to me for two reasons while doing upgrades:
  1. Using a USB 3.0 port to do the install. Make sure to use a USB 2.0 port.
  2. Trying to boot from a drive that did not have the proper AptioMemoryFix patch. For some unknown reason, recent versions of the Clover updater have been removing this from the EFI partition when it does the Clover update. Make sure you have AptioMemoryFix (or, depending on your board, possibly one of the older OsxAptio_Fix patches) on your drive.
Note that there could also be other reasons, these are just the two that I had happen to me.

Most posts I have found say that there is no reason to need any of the older Aptio fixes and to always just use the newest one, but I have seen one or two people who say they need to stay on an older one. Unfortunately, I don't know any more than that about it.

I had the same problem with the ports originally, because everyone says "always use the ports on the back" but all of my ports on the back are USB 3.0. I have a single USB 2.0 port on the front of my case, and that is the only port that worked for me. If your case also only has USB 3.0, you might need a USB 2.0 header bracket (Amazon Link to an example part) to give yourself some USB 2.0 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back