Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave - HP Elite 8300 SFF (Intel HD 4000) - No consistent 3d Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started over. Followed guide, with recommended settings and provided configuration.

worked great... until restarted.
once again, 3D acceleration lost on the reboot. :-/
Post next in that thread, upload your Problem Reporting files there.

You might also consider adding a low profile Nvidia card to use for 3D rendering. It's asking a lot of HD4000 onboard graphics.

"Well, I’ve worked with the Intel HD4000P with Blender for about 6 months. It definitely works for low - mid complex scenes. However, when I bought AMD HD7970… gosh, that was a HUGE improvement! Never thought, that this kind of improvement would be possible! Definitely get your hands on a decent GPU, if you want to use Blender seriously (but go for Nvidia and don’t repeat the mistake I made!). It will speed up viewport performance + Cycles rendering. The HD4000 will work, but nothing more." from blenderartists.org

Last edited:
Tried again. Was working great for a whole day, then it died again. I restored from backup, and it worked until I rebooted :(

Attachments

• debug_21000.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
Was working great for a whole day, then it died again.
Looks like you followed the @Sniki HP 8300 guide closely. What is the program you are running that uses 3D acceleration ?

Did you install Catalina this time ? Also, did you remember to press F2 and F4 keys before generating the PR files ?

Last edited:
Looks like you followed the @Sniki HP 8300 guide closely. What is the program you are running that uses 3D acceleration ?

Did you install Catalina this time ? Also, did you remember to press F2 and F4 keys before generating the PR files ?

Dock isn't transparent, tabs in Safari are black, At this stage, I'm just trying to run iMovie, which fails to open citing the graphics configuration isn't supported.

Hackintool confirms the GPU isn't Metal, and there's no mention of acceleration in the system information.

When it DOES work, it works from boot. Dock is transparent, safari is normal, iMovie opens, hackintool shows metal supported, and sys info says 3d acceleration capable is true.

I had a full day without the issue. I spent some time playing with lilufriend, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
so removed it. Not sure if lilufriend is still recommended.

Don't have another GPU to install at the moment, but I'm quite sure what I have should work out the box.

@Kalador if i recall correctly, Intel AMT should be left enabled on Bios, check your bios, i believe you have it disabled.
Without it, your machine will have no IMEI which leads to no acceleration.

@Kalador if i recall correctly, Intel AMT should be left enabled on Bios, check your bios, i believe you have it disabled.
Without it, your machine will have no IMEI which leads to no acceleration.

Huh....

Well, turned it on, and seems to be working. :D
Hackintool now correctly reports Ivy Bridge for Intel Generation, Sysinfo reports Metal enabled.
Forgive me for being slightly sceptical, as noted, it sometimes worked previously.

Early indications good, however :D

Huh....

Well, turned it on, and seems to be working. :D
Hackintool now correctly reports Ivy Bridge for Intel Generation, Sysinfo reports Metal enabled.
Forgive me for being slightly sceptical, as noted, it sometimes worked previously.

Early indications good, however :D
The second i did read "acceleration" i immediately knew that, i faced that problem when i first got my HP Elite 8300 SFF and studied it long enough.
I had exact same symptoms, don't even worry about it anymore :thumbup:

The second i did read "acceleration" i immediately knew that, i faced that problem when i first got my HP Elite 8300 SFF and studied it long enough.
I had exact same symptoms, don't even worry about it anymore :thumbup:

Gotta say, I was having another issue - searching in the App Store froze the system. As did any video pop up on a website in safari. Just froze dead...

Having made the change, I've just watched a few moments on youtube, and downloaded what I wanted from the App Store.

In my defence, the guide explicitly lists a couple of Bios settings, and AMT wasn't listed ;)

This is looking great, and was advice I haven't seen anywhere else about so I'm actually rather happy!

Thanks, good thing your problem got resolved.
In my defence, the guide explicitly lists a couple of Bios settings, and AMT wasn't listed ;)
Also thanks for this tip, will add that to the guide, important thing that is necessary to be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back