Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B250M Gaming Pro AC
CPU
Intel I5 7400
Graphics
Zotac GTX 1080TI
Good Morning!

I ended up getting my Mojave hack installed yesterday with very little issues actually. Currently almost everything is working including Wifi, iMessage, All iCloud synced applications, Bluetooth, and more.

I am however having some issues with a couple other aspects that I hope I might be able to get some help with. I don't think that Nvidia Web Drivers have been released for Mojave yet and as such I have no hopes of using my Video Card until that's done (which is fine, I'm patient), however, I'm curious if there would be any performance benefit from activating Intel's HD Graphics. Currently the OS has a lot of major graphical bugs and just a general lack of fluidity what so ever. I don't know if this is something that is to be expected because this is Mojave and Not High Sierra or if it's just because I'm missing a kext.

And finally, I can get absolutely no audio despite anything I've tried. I have tried VooDoo and at least at that point had 4HDMI sources show up in the audio controls panel. Unfortunately, none of them actually yielded any audio what so ever. With how my desk is setup, I don't have the option to use a line in and likely fix my issue in that regard. I do however have audio just find through my Bluetooth Headphones so I'm not completely without.

Any insight for me!?

Regards,

Mike

Nvidia probably won't release drivers before the Mojave GM is released (probably on the the 12th). I would stay on HS and not rush into Mojave 10.14.0 because, if the situation is like the past, it will take until 10.14.3 update before the major bugs have been fixed.

Did you use MultiBeast v10.4.0 after you installed Mojave? What were your choices? I now recommend the following choices for fresh installations:

:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > (driver for your Ethernet chipset)
:ch: Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
:ch: Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit
:ch: (Optional) Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4xxx UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
:ch: (Optional) Customize -> Graphics Configuration -> NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
:ch: Customize ->System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3 <--- Do not use for RX 5xx/Vega graphics cards, use default 14,2.
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
:ch: Save <--- Save your MultiBeast configuration file somewhere convenient
:ch: Click on the Install button in the MultiBeast window bottom right hand corner and wait for MultiBeast to finish.

I no longer use the Realtek audio and have been pleased with the results.

Good luck!

Nvidia probably won't release drivers before the Mojave GM is released (probably on the the 12th). I would stay on HS and not rush into Mojave 10.14.0 because, if the situation is like the past, it will take until 10.14.3 update before the major bugs have been fixed.

Did you use MultiBeast v10.4.0 after you installed Mojave? What were your choices? I now recommend the following choices for fresh installations:

:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > (driver for your Ethernet chipset)
:ch: Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
:ch: Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit
:ch: (Optional) Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4xxx UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
:ch: (Optional) Customize -> Graphics Configuration -> NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
:ch: Customize ->System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3 <--- Do not use for RX 5xx/Vega graphics cards, use default 14,2.
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
:ch: Save <--- Save your MultiBeast configuration file somewhere convenient
:ch: Click on the Install button in the MultiBeast window bottom right hand corner and wait for MultiBeast to finish.

I no longer use the Realtek audio and have been pleased with the results.

Good luck!
First thank you very much for the help. I have now successfully gotten the system to recognize the video card, everything boots in 1080p and the whole system is running considerably smoother.

I first started by installing a fresh copy of High Sierra, after I was I installed the drivers for the WiFi adapter that I have and that was up and running. I then ran MultiBeast exactly as you've state above with the exception of using a Realtek Driver that matched my motherboards onboard audio.

Since that time, however, I have spent many countless hours afterwards trying to get the system to just boot without giving me a white crossed out circle during boot. The only way I can successfully boot without the USB is to enable "Load VBIOS" which gives me about a 50% chance of booting after which I enable it the config.plist within clover and I can boot.

When I do that however, I then cannot use WiFi. I am able to connect to the network just not actually browse the internet. So if I reboot and enable Patch VBIOS via Clover in the system and then disable Load VBIOS in Clover's boot menu I can boot and have about a 25% chance of having WiFi work.

I think something that I installed through MultiBeast has fixed a great deal many things and also broken a few others. I'd experiment with what those things could be but I lack enough knowledge to be able to figure out how to uninstall anything that was previously installed through MultiBeast.

It's also worth noting that at no point during the day have I been able to make the audio work what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back