Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello :)

I just installed Mojave (10.14.3) on the following system using Unibeast 9.1.0 (and Multibeast 11.0.1)

Rig = "Maggie":
GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev2.0) (only has HDMI port, no DVI, no DP)
i7-3770K
HD 4000 (is it 1920x1200 max? or is it capable of 2K?)
4x4GB DDR3 1333
sATA3 SSD : 512GB Crucial Mx100
Monitor: Philips Briliance 272p (2K)

The installation with Unibeast went OK and then I used Multibeast to install the following:

- Quick start (UEFI boot mode) = Clover UEFI Boot mode + SysDef iMac14,2 + FakeSMC
- Apple ALC
- 3rd party sATA
- FakeSMC Plugins
- FakeSMC HWMonitor App
- RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.2
- 3rd Party USB 3.0
- Remove XHCI USB Port Limit
- USBinjectAll
- CoreGraphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen

Prior to this, About This Mac was showing Intel HD Graphics 4000 3MB. After Multibeast it now shows Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB. However the display is not working properly (mosaic reduced image completely distorted). Actually I see the same thing I would see if WEG was not installed at all. I can use the machine via remote access (VNC).

If I change the resolution to 1080i then I get a visible image but the desktop is too large for the monitor, basically I see the upper-right part of the desktop. 720p, 1080p or 1600x900 scaled resolutions all result in unusable graphic display.

I tried to look up how to configure or make settings for WEG (never used Lilu or WEG before) but there is a lot of obsolete information since many different patches are now merged into WEG. I'm affraid I would creat more problems than I would solve.

Can anyone give me a indication of what I should do? Keep in mind I'm inexperienced. I don't know what a framebuffer, a device ID, a platformID, ... is. Basically I'm an idiot noob.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,
-a-

PS: Audio and Ethernet seem to work fine, I didn't test USB or other things yet...

If I use a FHD (1080p) display instead of the 2K Philips then it works OK...
Damn!
Is there anything I can do to use the Philips display anyway?

Tx
-a-

OK. Google tells me that HD 4000 only supports 1080p via HDMI. Higher resolution would require a DP...
But why can I not get 1080p on the Philips monitor?

Take a look to Hackintool.

Thanks a lot :9

Is there a guide to help me understand the guide to hackingtool? :oops::crazy:o_O

noobiest guy ever...

Is there a guide to help me understand the guide to hackingtool?
noobiest guy ever...
Try posting questions you have in that guide and you will get some help with what doesn't make sense to you.

Is there a guide to help me understand the guide to hackingtool? :oops::crazy:o_O

noobiest guy ever...

In the post, you have the guide.

If you have any questions, ask them!

Thank you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back