Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97-a
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600, GTX 750 Ti
Does anyone know why console is spammed with messages like this:

[DEBUG] - DisplayID:0x1a492eee Brightness:1.000000 BrightnessAttenuationFactor:1.000000 LightAttenuation:1.000000 TableAttenuation:1.000000 LinearBrightness:1.000000 IsAutoBrightnessEnabled:Yes IsOnBattery:No

[DEBUG] - On display 0x1a492eee, surface is not detached, CoreDisplay is detached (0x00000000), DetachCode = 0

I use only Intel 4600. No external gpu. There are thousands of these messages all the time!
My monitor is connected via displayport. Same thing though if I use hdmi.
Any help appreciated! :)

I atleast found a way to stop windowserver from flooding console with a terminal command....phew! Window server was writing thousands of debug messages....

What was it? I'm having the same issue.

pgrep -il WindowServer
to first get the pid nr of the annoying process.....
After that you can turn off spamming with:
sudo log config --process=1 --mode "level:eek:ff"
Change the "1" with the nr you get in the first step...

Thanks. I can confirm this stops the logging of debug messages but it doesn't seem to help with the CPU usage of WindowServer which is my problem at the moment.

Bummer. Let me ask you this. What is your kernel_task cpu usage? Mine is stuck at 11%. And window server at 5%...

I've been having issues with both kerner_task and WindowServer since last week. Right now WindowServer is stable at 30-40% CPU and I'm pretty sure it was not even in the top 10 a couple of weeks ago. kernel_task is at ~5% right now.

It happens essentially on iMac SMBIOS profiles with an iGPU in headless mode.

WindowServer process thinks it's running on an iMac and expects to get a correct feedback to automatically adjust the brightness. And because it doesn't get any, it tries to adjust the brightness of a non-existent display, dozens of times per second.

To fix this issue, just put the attached SSDT in your ACPI folder (in "patched" for Clover). It works for me on both Clover and OC (add/enable it in ACPI tab)

Let me know if it worked for you.

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF.zip
    797 bytes · Views: 224
Last edited:
I have the automatic brightness adjustment disabled already.

Me too, but WindowServer kept flooding my logs with the same messages. It's now gone with that SSDT installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back