Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WiFi
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Hey guys,

I decided to try and do a fresh install of Mojave on my old 7 Series build to see if it works. So far, I've completed the installation, but when I run Multibeast I cannot find the drivers needed. Is my hardware too old and no longer supported for newer versions of OSX?

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I decided to try and do a fresh install of Mojave on my old 7 Series build to see if it works. So far, I've completed the installation, but when I run Multibeast I cannot find the drivers needed. Is my hardware too old and no longer supported for newer versions of OSX?

Thanks,
Dan

Mojave 10.14.6 works fine on my Ivy Build which is also based on a Z77 motherboard and old GTX 650 Ti. So it should work on your system.

Mojave 10.14.6 works fine on my Ivy Build which is also based on a Z77 motherboard and old GTX 650 Ti. So it should work on your system.

Oh wow, that's surprising to hear. I looked at some old threads and people were saying that the GTX650Ti's had memory leak issues that were unresolvable.

Do you mind telling me what options you chose when you ran Multibeast? I'm trying to figure out the right settings.

Thanks!

Actually the only one driver needed on this board (Z/H-77N-WIFI) is the Realtek Ethernet controller

What driver are you looking for ?

Oh wow, that's surprising to hear. I looked at some old threads and people were saying that the GTX650Ti's had memory leak issues that were unresolvable.

That issue still exists and is unresolvable. What I mean is Mojave did boot and run well, but it will most likely encounter problems when using graphics applications there (I may have confused you with the word "fine".). As that system is not my main system, I don't really use it much except as a test bed. When I do need to run MacOS on it it will be Yosemite, Sierra or High Sierra most of the time.

Last edited:
Actually the only one driver needed on this board (Z/H-77N-WIFI) is the Realtek Ethernet controller

What driver are you looking for ?

I was looking for the audio drivers. Installing ALC892 doesn't work for some reason. It's a moot point as after a lot of experimenting, I've decided to go back to Yosemite, which is the only stable OS I can run with my build.

I've read that Sierra is the last version of OSX that supports my setup, specifically my video card, but I tried 10.12.6 today, and I have these problems that I can't resolve:
1 - no Audio - I tried selecting ALC892 in Multibeast, and ran the Reset Audio program that helped with Yosemite installations and still no dice
2 - graphics not working - It seems to be the same glitches encountered in Mojave. When I installed Yosemite, my graphics card worked right off the bat, even before running Multibeast. Not so with Sierra. I downloaded and the NVIDIA drivers and still no dice
3 - bootable HD - After running Multibeast, my drive is still not bootable. I need to boot into my Unibeast-created USB drive, and choose my HDD in order to get it to boot up.

Your setup is compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15

The installation is so straight forward, you don't need to use Multibeast for post-installation.

ALC892 audio fixed by
Lilu + AppleALC; set Layout ID = 1, that's it

Native macOS HD audio for not officially supported codecs

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>1</integer>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Kepler based GTX 650 Ti is supported by macOS natively, no need to install any driver (video glitches/ memory leak is another issue particular to GK106 chip)

I have Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost (GV-N65TBOC-2GD) and Gigabyte GT 640 (GV-N640OC-2GI) graphics cards in my builds, no need to install any nvidia driver, I don't have any problem.

non- bootable HDD - install the clover yourself is not so difficult, maybe you should learn to how to create a bootable USB drive using clover first.

Your setup is compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15

The installation is so straight forward, you don't need to use Multibeast for post-installation.

ALC892 audio fixed by
Lilu + AppleALC; set Layout ID = 1, that's it

Native macOS HD audio for not officially supported codecs

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>1</integer>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Kepler based GTX 650 Ti is supported by macOS natively, no need to install any driver (video glitches/ memory leak is another issue particular to GK106 chip)

I have Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost (GV-N65TBOC-2GD) and Gigabyte GT 640 (GV-N640OC-2GI) graphics cards in my builds, no need to install any nvidia driver, I don't have any problem.

non- bootable HDD - install the clover yourself is not so difficult, maybe you should learn to how to create a bootable USB drive using clover first.

Thanks so much for the info! I'll try to find a spare harddrive to test this on.

One quick question. With the video glitches, are you saying that there's no way to fix this and it'll be inevitable? I'm going to be doing photo editing (and maybe eventually video editing) on this build, so I need the graphics to work flawlessly.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the info! I'll try to find a spare harddrive to test this on.

One quick question. With the video glitches, are you saying that there's no way to fix this and it'll be inevitable? I'm going to be doing photo editing (and maybe eventually video editing) on this build, so I need the graphics to work flawlessly.

Thanks again!

since the only Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost graphics card that I have do not have problem, therefore I have nothing to fix, I cannot tell you how to fix the problem

that's my graphics card BIOS version
Code:
# ./nvflash_linux -version

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.414.0)
Simplified Version For OEM Only
Adapter: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (10DE,11C2,1458,356D) H:--:NRM  S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (C8,4012) : GD GD25Q20 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Reading adapter firmware image...
IFR Data Size         : 1208 bytes
IFR CRC32             : 45C9AC10
IFR Image Size        : 1536 bytes
IFR Image CRC32       : BFBAB63A
IFR Subsystem ID      : 1458-356D
Image Size            : 165888 bytes
Version               : 80.06.59.00.1A
~CRC32                : 2CDFD568
Image Hash            : B5E1A68AE680501D7EF5511C35124E72
OEM String            : NVIDIA
Vendor Name           : NVIDIA Corporation
Product Name          : GK106 Board - 20300012
Product Revision      : Chip Rev   
Device Name(s)        : GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
Board ID              : E307
PCI ID                : 10DE-11C2
Subsystem ID          : 1458-356D
Hierarchy ID          : Normal Board
Chip SKU              : 240-0
Project               : 2030-0012
CDP                   : N/A
Build Date            : 03/01/13
Modification Date     : 03/18/13
UEFI Support          : Yes
UEFI Version          : 0x10017 (Nov 15 2012 @ 14390738 )
UEFI Variant Id       : No Version Found or Out-dated ( Unknown )
UEFI Signer(s)        : Microsoft Corporation UEFI CA 2011
InfoROM Version       : N/A
InfoROM Backup Exist  : NO
License Placeholder   : Absent
GPU Mode              : N/A
Sign-On Message       : GV-N65TBOC-2GD/F2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back