Contribute
Register

Mojave Audio not working (L421X XPS14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright I just read through the guide 3 times. I get the feeling this is going to take me a few months to get this working...

Looking for the codec decimal code. The only hex's I see in the codec dump are for VendorID. I googled a converted and got a decimal. I looked for that in the list of layoutIDs in the appleHDA but couldn't match it to any. I'm guessing VendorID hex is not what I need?

okay -- if I understand this guide correctly.

1) Dissassemble the DSDTs/SSDTs.
2) I don't know which file has audio but guide suggests it could be DSDT.dsl.
3) open DSDT.dsl (with maciASL) and at the top click "patch" and add in the small code or "IRQ" and "patch". Repeat for "audio layout 12". The latter will be changed ( "layout-id", Buffer() { 12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n ) so that "12" becomes whatever ID I determine from the damn codec decimal, which I'm still working on.
4) save as AML.
5) move this DSDT.AML ----> EFI/clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.AML
6) reboot and enjoy audio for first time ever.

I found an old post where you told someone with my exact laptop that they should search for a patched appleHDA for ALC275. I found this.

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/ALC275

Can I just drop these files in the AppleHDA contents folder to replace the native copy, or do I still need to patch the DSDT and put into the boot folder?

p.s. in your post you also provided the HEX code for my audio codec -- it's the same as the vendor ID, and no it does not match any of the layout IDs for appleHDA.

Can I just drop these files in the AppleHDA contents folder to replace the native copy, or do I still need to patch the DSDT and put into the boot folder?

No. Just use AppleALC.kext as built.

What do I do with these files. info.plist, etc?

There is no readme. No instructions.

Ok. So the
50+ subfolders are meaningless. Good to know.

I'll go back to trying to patch it manually then. Any thoughts on why my codec decimal code is not in the apple hda config? I can't get past this step of the tutorial.

50+ subfolders are meaningless.

Definitely not meaningless. They are the source code used to build the kext.
Look at the 'Releases' page to find pre-built kext.

any idea in which DDST or SSDT file I should be patching to fix IRQ and layout12 issues (audio)? I've looked through them all and don't see audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back