Contribute
Register

Mojave Audio not working (L421X XPS14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the section you posted. I removed the comments. I saved and rebooted and still nothing.

Can you make any changes to my config file and reupload here?

Again thank you for your time and help! You're a saint.

Attachments

• 20181208_100547.jpg
    20181208_100547.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
From your "idiots guide to lilu and it's plugins"

Method-2 (Device Properties) - Recommended
After installing AppleALC + Lilu reboot and edit your config.plist and set the string value of "Clover/Devices/Audio/Inject" to "No" and define "layout-id" as a custom Device Property. You can use Intel FB-Patcher to generate the Audio Device Property code for you by clicking on the Speaker Icon on the lower tool bar, you should now see the detected Codec type and a drop down menu where you can select the layout you want to use, the drop down menu will only contain the valid layout-id's that are applicable to the detected codec.

So I put Audio > inject (string) to No. But where do I put layout I'd as custom device property"?

Attachments

• 20181208_112920.jpg
    20181208_112920.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 67
Also when I load fbpatcher it's empty for layout Id.

I'll upload a new debit file when I get access to an Ethernet cable. I have no wifi yet and it appears I need it to run the debug.

updated DEBUG file

Attachments

• debug_3438_DEC8.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
I found the section you posted. I removed the comments. I saved and rebooted and still nothing.

Can you make any changes to my config file and reupload here?

Again thank you for your time and help! You're a saint.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

updated DEBUG file

Now you're injecting layout-id=7. Not likely to be supported by AppleALC.

Must inject a valid layout-id for your audio codec as supported by AppleALC.
You will first need to determine which audio codec you have (get an audio codec dump from Linux).

did the audio codec dump. Got output from codec#0 and codec#3. Attached. Not sure what to make of this now.

When I finally figure out which layout ID to use do I input that in plisteditpro under Devices>Audio>Inject>number, or under Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)>layout-id>number. Or both?

Attachments

• codec.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 55
  • codec3.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 58
did the audio codec dump. Got output from codec#0 and codec#3. Attached. Not sure what to make of this now.

When I finally figure out which layout ID to use do I input that in plisteditpro under Devices>Audio>Inject>number, or under Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)>layout-id>number. Or both?

Realtek ALC275 as supported by AppleALC:
Code:
-rw-r--r--  1 rehabman  staff  21237 Apr 24  2018 /Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC275/layout13.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 rehabman  staff   1930 Dec  7 13:49 /Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC275/layout13.xml.zlib
-rw-r--r--  1 rehabman  staff  21480 Apr 24  2018 /Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC275/layout28.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 rehabman  staff   1983 Dec  7 13:49 /Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC275/layout28.xml.zlib
-rw-r--r--  1 rehabman  staff  21481 Apr 24  2018 /Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC275/layout3.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 rehabman  staff   1985 Dec  7 13:49 /Users/rehabman/Projects/lilu/applealc.git/Resources/ALC275/layout3.xml.zlib

thank you. I tried changing layoutID to 3, 13, and 28. Still when I reboot I get no audio, nothing under audio devices (about this mac > system report). Sorry for being such a pain with this, really dying to get my audio working. Thanks again!

Attachments

• debug_22944_DEC9.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back