i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey experts,

I've followed the step-by-step guides in getting ALC887 going on the rig in my description and it never actually worked on High Sierra. I did a clear build of Mojave that is just singing along. It's great.. but, again, the ALC887 never installed properly no matter what I tried. I'm using the latest VooDOo now which is okay.. but, every time I restart the machine.. the recording settings default to original and the recording levels are way too hot. Yes, I can adjust down and it works fine. What I'd really like is for the actual ALC887 to work properly. Anyone on a similar set up and having success with audio?

thanks!

Do you have the latest AppleALC.kext?
will apologize about the dumb answer.. but, I don't know. Haven't looked for a new one in the last couple of months.

Hi I just have solve devices audio. Mojave 10.14

use kexts lilu 1.2.7 and AppleALC 1.3.2 on clover/EFI/Kexts/others
change HDAS to HDEF on list of paches
and set layout 7 on EFI/Clover/Devices/Audio/inject
restart mi Hackintosh and everything was fine, have all audio ports reconigze and Also HDMI from gt 620 video card

this is mi mobo ga-h61m-hd2

No, not installed.

Remove Voodoo
See Mojave AppleHDA Audio
Worked well in that audio works and the levels don't change on reboot. Oddly, it shows internal mic and line in. I have front mic in and rear mic in as well as out on front and back. 5 total ports. Also, for some reason, the levels on facetime are over-modulated -- but, only on facetime. Otherwise, they're perfect as I've set them. One last thing, the puter won't sleep anymore. You can see by my profile I'm on a 300 series gigabite board. Should I do something else?

thanks again!

restart mi Hackintosh and everything was fine, have all audio ports reconigze and Also HDMI from gt 620 video card

Thanks dude, it works for me.

Thanks as well, this worked great for me! I recently jumped from Sierra to Mojave on my old Hackintosh where i could never get it to go and gave up and went with a USB sound card that had issues, so going back to onboard is great.

My board is a GA-Z77-DS3H rev 0, and I set the layout inject to 1.

- m0b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back