Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.6 Security Update 2020-002 Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 1720
CPU
X9000
Graphics
8600 gt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know if the Security Update 2020-002 for Mojave 10.14.6 is safe to install and if so does anything need to be fixed or run after the installation of the update? I just see it on the updates as well as the Catalina update which I will not be going forward with as it is currently problematic with my current build and it is still to "Buggy".

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I had my system running flawlessly but since I've installed this security patch, I have major sleep issues with my hackintosh. It wakes up instantly after going to sleep and I can't wrap my head around the issue. Made me wish I haven't installed this update...

Do I need to do anything after installing this security update? Like run Multibeast again?
I have never had sleep issues as I don't let most of my computers sleep, at least the ssd's and NVME types. Anything with a spinning platter gets to sleep.

No, nothing has changed that required Multibeast.

After boot, I have noted that "Sound" in System Preferences is always muted. Uncheck the box and then sound is fine, but it's required after every boot.

[Edit: Sorry; that was caused by an incorrect setting in "Cocktail." The above does not apply.]

Last edited:
Thank you!
I ‘ll give it a shot!

Installed flawlessly on 2 systems using the download version of the security update.

I tried using the auto update and it fails upon reboot. Possible my Opencore kexts interfering. Always end up in kernel panic or some other debug state. Probably going to skip this...

Maybe fully disable the System Integrity Protection (SIP)? In Clover > RtVariables >CsrActiveConfig 0x3E7 (and not 0x67). This helped me to boot 10.4.6 without kernel panic after the 2020-002 Sec-Upd. Better do this before the update...(I did booting via a USB Stick with few kext and drivers, and could update via that config.plist in the EFI of the the internal disk).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back