Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.5 installation on LG gram 17 stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has good results with an anti-glare cover or anti-reflective coating please let me know

Nice catch. Twice the graphics power would be the icing on the cake. But I can get a nice deal on the 15" and I probably should take it, I think it will meet my current needs until Apple adopts the 10th gen processors and the hackintoshing details are ironed out.

They seem to be right around the corner, too (CES 2020)

2020 version announced with various improvements:

Ice Lake has 2x the grahics performance:

Assuming Apple adopts Ice Lake (very likely), I'm very likely to buy this.

cloverbay: Thanks for the screen shot. Full screen on my 17" MBPro gives me a good sense of scale

uggg, i just got this thing up and running. now i have to buy a new one?!

My LG 17 works well except keyboard setting. Has anyone figure out how to setup F2/F3 keys for screen darker/brighter? As of now my PrtSc key works for darker.

Last edited:
My LG 17 works well except keyboard setting. Has anyone figure out how to setup F2/F3 keys for screen darker/brighter? As of now my PrtSc key works for darker.
Solved!
I just got karabiner elements, and all works well. If anyone has issues on keyboard, install the program.

Does anyone figure out how to make to work SD reader in LGgram17? I have been trying to find some resources but not successful yet. Appreciate your guidance.

A couple of things. First: I managed to install macox in an NMVE drive. Samsung 970 Evo Plus. After lots and lots of trying I discovered NMVe SSDs have problems with 4k blocks instead of 512 blocks. The solution is very, very easy. Boot up with windows look for 970 Evo Plus firmware on the internet and install "magician software". The software will let you upgrade the firmware of your SSD from 1XXXXX to 2XXXXXX. After doing that I could install the software without problems.

Hi guyz... got caught up in sum odr work..! I updated from 10.14.6 to OS Catalina through Software Updates directly. Update was smooth, without any KPs. However, do install latest version of Clover 5070 and all the basic Kexts b4 upgrading. Also, VoodooI2C works in Catalina. I am also using VirtualSMC package Kexts instead of FakeSMC. Audio works for internal speakers and headphones after entering layoutID(alcid) as 21 in bootargs. Mic doesn’t work. Also, FT and Messages dont work as b4. Hav fun upgrading..!
So you can confirm that the trackpad works on Catalina? I'm battling to install Catalina on my 15z990. A few things are working but I can't get the trackpad to be recognized at all. I'm thinking of trying Mojave to see if the trackpad at least shows up.

I'll upload my EFI when I get a decent installation going, in case there are other 15z990 owners out there. For now the trackpad isn't detected and I still have to tackle power management & battery.

Also, does anyone know what model trackpad is on the Gram? I haven't been able to find out using windows.

Does anyone figure out how to make to work SD reader in LGgram17? I have been trying to find some resources but not successful yet. Appreciate your guidance.
Sorry, no luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back