Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.5 boot verbose log keeps hanging on "/AppleInternal/Library/Extensions is missing" for 15 to 20 seconds. Any way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the title said, I always have a hang for 15 to 20 seconds on "/AppleInternal/Library/Extensions is missing"
before it eventually loads and boots to desktop. I have all the latest software, clover and kexts etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Mojave Desktop GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming | i7 6700K | RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Samsung NMVE 970 EVO.

Well that path is for Kexts.I just wonder how it got deleted?About help I'm not sure can you simply create it so it is better for somebody else to help you.

Well that path is for Kexts.I just wonder how it got deleted?About help I'm not sure can you simply create it so it is better for somebody else to help you.

I'm wondering the same thing. I never deleted any folders like that. My system runs
perfectly fine otherwise. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Also, it's not possible to create
again afaik.

I'm wondering the same thing. I never deleted any folders like that. My system runs
perfectly fine otherwise. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Also, it's not possible to create
again afaik.
It is running fine because Clover

I remember reading somewhere that Mojave deprecated the use of /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions, cant remember where i read that but if i run the terminal command "sudo kextcache -u /" it returns a warning that /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions is not found on all four of my Mojave systems including genuine MacBook.

Code:
Last login: Fri May 24 15:10:38 on console
MonkeyBX3602018:~ jay$ sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory
MonkeyBX3602018:~ jay$

Apple now recommends the use of "sudo kextcache -i /" on Mojave to rebuild the kext cache.

Not sure why the OP has the boot hang though ... maybe a legacy kext that references it ?

Cheers
Jay

I remember reading somewhere that Mojave deprecated the use of /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions, cant remember where i read that but if i run the terminal command "sudo kextcache -u /" it returns a warning that /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions is not found on all four of my Mojave systems including genuine MacBook.

Code:
Last login: Fri May 24 15:10:38 on console
MonkeyBX3602018:~ jay$ sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory
MonkeyBX3602018:~ jay$

Apple now recommends the use of "sudo kextcache -i /" on Mojave to rebuild the kext cache.

Not sure why the OP has the boot hang though ... maybe a legacy kext that references it ?

Cheers
Jay

I only inject the latest kexts with kexts/other and there are only 6 kexts. I already tried rebuilding
kext caches with both commands and get the same error as you.

I already tried rebuilding kext caches with both commands and get the same error as you.

@DrKoNfLiCt,

Yup ... to be expected on Mojave.

Like I said use of /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions is now depreciated ...

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back