Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got Gigabyte Z390-UD MB and Mojave 10.14.4. Before Mojave I used an external HDD USB 3.0 dock (by ORICO, no drivers required) with a bunch of my HDD's and everything was perfect. However since I installed Mojave I cannot use that dock anymore. Disks in that dock simple not visible. Disks are perfectly fine - if I put them into old USB 2.0 dock they are visible and working. Disks are less than 4TB. If I connect that ORICO USB 3.0 dock to my MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.5 it works perfectly fine as well. Dock is definitely not faulty and it's not working only with Gigabyte Z390-UD MB and Mojave 10.14.4. Same dock with the same MB under High Sierra was working as well.

Installed with MultiBeast:
  • 3rd Party USB 3.0
  • 7/8/9 Series USB Support
  • Remove XHCI USB Port Limit
Any direction for troubleshooting?

Not required - You don't have a 7/8/9 Series motherboard.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Yes, agree. Not sure why I installed 7/8/9 Series USB Support... Yesterday I also tried to remove it and install USBInjectAll.kext as well from MultiBeast - still no luck. Will try that one. Any reason why you mentioned 2018-10-20 and not the latest one 2018-11-08?

May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
Will ty that one as well. Thanks!

Installed both kexts using Clover Configurator. Also can see both kexts in:
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
/Library/Extensions/

However for some reason only USBInjectAll is loaded but not XHCI-unsupported.kext.

Doco for XHCI-unsupported.kext says:
Typical xHCI needing XHCI-unsupported.kext:
300-series chipset XHC controller, 8086:a36d

Looks like it's my case as the system reports:
Host Controller Driver: AppleIntelCNLUSBXHCI
PCI Device ID: 0xa36d
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

But in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist I can see:

<key>AppleIntelCNLUSBXHCI</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleIntelCNLUSBXHCI</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x9ded8086 0xa36d8086</string>
<key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
<true/>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>1000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
</dict>

So it looks like it's supported.

So now two questions:
  1. Why XHCI-unsupported.kext is not loaded and it is really required?
  2. Should I remove AppleIntelCNLUSBXHCI.kext or do anything with it?

Last edited:
Ok, finally I got it fixed. I hate when people just say that without actually telling how, so here is the solution:

1. Started reading this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/ and fount great tool Hackintool.
  2. With Hackintool I found that all my ports are working as USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0.
  3. To fix that I properly applied ALL FOUR patches for USB Port Limit with Hackintool (1 x ydeng and 3 x PMHeart). Clove Configurator has only three patches for USB Port Limit for 10.14.4, so not sure which one was missing before in the Clove Configurator which I was using before.

Now all ports are working as USB3.0 and all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back