CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been banging my head against the wake from sleep wall for the past few weeks. Ever since upgrading to Mojave 10.14.3 I can't seem to get my machine to wake from sleep. If I press a mouse button or key on the keyboard, the fans spin up but none of my monitors respond. Also, I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio interface that remains inactive (no power). I'm not sure if the two issues are related or not. I assume I have to go through some USB patching. I understand some patching may be needed for that, but I'm a bit unsure of how that works with Haswell and Mojave.

Specific items of note ...
  • Build details:
    • Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD3H
    • Processor: Core i7 4790K
    • RAM: 32GB DDR3
  • I have 3 external displays (4k DisplayPort, 1080p HDMI, 1080p DVI)
  • I have an Apple Broadcom WIFI/BT adapter installed
  • Internal Graphics are enabled in the BIOS
  • The following kexts are installed:
    • AppleALC 1.3.5
    • FakeSMC 6.26-357-gceb835ea.1800
    • GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.11
    • Lilu 1.3.5
    • WhateverGreen 1.2.7
I have attached the config.plist I am currently using. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config-test.plist
    20.8 KB · Views: 79
Go to Library/Preferences and delete those 2 files, related with power management, reboot.
There is your config back, use it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.23.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.23.30 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
  • config-test.plist
    21.3 KB · Views: 102
Go to Library/Preferences and delete those 2 files, related with power management, reboot.
There is your config back, use it.
I'll give that a shot and update you on the results. Can you explain what you changed in my config.plist? I'm just trying to make sure I have a good idea as to what's going on.

I'll give that a shot and update you on the results. Can you explain what you changed in my config.plist? I'm just trying to make sure I have a good idea as to what's going on.

Your GPU RX 580 frambebuffer and corrected cpu power management.
Do you see IGPU (internal graphics) in system info?

Your GPU RX 580 frambebuffer and corrected cpu power management.
Do you see IGPU (internal graphics) in system info?
I only see the RX 580 listed. I don't see any reference to the iGPU. I left the machine for 30-45 minutes and it woke properly. That's usually a shorter period than what I've been having trouble with, but I'm taking that as a good sign.

Report back when you'll have wake problems. If the problems persist, we will enable IGPU in MacOS.

Are you using usbinjectall? lets try some boot args like darkwake=no.

Attachments

• config-test.plist
    21.3 KB · Views: 66
With darkwake=no the system fans continued to run while the USB Audio Interface was without power. Clicking the mouse and keyboard did not result in any change. I was forced to power off and reset.

One interesting thing to note. I had one more wake attempt prior to setting darkwake=no. When the system started up it displayed a screen stating that the system crashed and asked me to press a key or wait to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back