Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3
CPU
G530
Graphics
GT 210
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I searched the forum extensively but didn't find the agregated information so I am posting the question again:
I am running OS X 10.6.8 on PovoMac configuration. I would like to modify the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac" and also to change model from MacPro to iMac - for purely cosmetical reasons. I tried using OSX86 Tools but it killed the entire Apple menu and I had to reinstall everything. Next thing I have got is Champlist application which has SMBIOS tab with options fields for hardware to be filled in. I didn't understand well how to modify the hardware information without affecting the SMBIOS. Is it safe to modify hardware information through Champlist? If not, how can I do it without changing SMBIOS? or, would it work to change SMBIOS from Multibeast to iMac with my configuration?
Thank you in advance.

Cav807, thank you for your prompt reply. Is it safe to modify hardware information through ChameleonWizard without affecting machine functionality?

Cav807, thank you for your prompt reply. Is it safe to modify hardware information through ChameleonWizard without affecting machine functionality?
Yup

OK I tried, the machine is now set to iMac but it won't pick up processor info which I manually type in. Also, Graphics info remains the same. Any advice?

OK I tried, the machine is now set to iMac but it won't pick up processor info which I manually type in. Also, Graphics info remains the same. Any advice?
but i hv try many time b4 it is the best to set up about info form chameleon wizard . what gpu u using now ?

but i hv try many time b4 it is the best to set up about info from chameleon wizard . what gpu u using now ?

what's ur problem now and why u want to change the about info

I cannot edit Processor info in "About This Mac". It displays "2.39 GHz Intel Core i7". I cannot change that info through the tool you suggested. I am using Intel Celeron i530 CPU.

[EDIT] Changing the SMBIOS to iMac did actually create a problem with sound: every system sound or effect would be preceded by a short time lag and a quiet pop before playing it.

I cannot edit Processor info in "About This Mac". It displays "2.39 GHz Intel Core i7". I cannot change that info through the tool you suggested. I am using Intel Celeron i530 CPU.

[EDIT] Changing the SMBIOS to iMac did actually create a problem with sound: every system sound or effect would be preceded by a short time lag and a quiet pop before playing it.
that all tools just can edit cpu Freq , ram , chameleon and smbios plist , and can't change name of cpu info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back