Contribute
Register

Modified VoodooHDA 2.7.3: No noise, pops, 192kHz sample rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. KP after installation
2. "Kinda Work" after removing ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA because random KP occurs during boot and 100% KP occurs at shut down

BTW, no noise. Nice work

that was mentioned in the "edit" section of the first post, but glad its working.

i also have the same problem of pop noises...but u dont have any DSDT file for my motherboard(intel dh61ww) and my audio codec is realtek 892* so can somebody please suggest me what to do...

VoodooHDA is meant to work without a DSDT, but for some of the rarer audio chipsets you may have to insert your device id for it to work at all (see first post)

hallo,

I have the same problem, the sampling rate will set to 192 kHz.

But if I´ll take these kext, the sampling rate will be 0 kHz :(

At that moment I have an simple workaround with an automator-"script", which changes the sampling rate, when the computer starts - but this is not really nice :)

How can I "tell" this kext, that "he" should take the sampling rate 44,1 kHz.
I´m not a coder, so please, simple instructions, if its possible :)

thanks a lot!

If the sample rate is stuck at "0 kHz", then detection failed. At any rate, I've edited the source and kext to use 44.1kHz as a minimum. If your audio chipset isn't ALC88_, then it may be necessary to use the IOPCIPrimaryMatch method mentioned in the first post to get better compatibility.

thank you for your answer!

ok., if i´ll write the device-id in the info.plist, the sampling rate will set to 44,1 kHz :)
but I hear only crunch-sound :( It seems, that the audio-files will be player slower.

{my board is an asus p5q pro turbo}

there is a delay, or "latency" in VoodooHDA when playing sound after a long silence, that may be unavoidable, and is a known issue with that kext.

merci.
this is the kext, that works with my system, if I change the sampling rate.
is it possible, to edit it, like yours or do I need the source-code?

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 270
as i said above, i edited the kext again to use 44.1kHz as the lowest, so if you download the newest copy and add your device id, and it still doesn't work correctly, they may just be incompatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back