Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Got it.
1. Changed sys def to macmini 6,2 - no change after reboot. String still missing from plist.
2. Added string manually (copied from other hack) to com.apple.system profiler.plist - now name of computer in about this mac shows only "Mac" and computer name goes blank in finder
3. Renamed computer in sharing preference and now about this mac shows Mac mini 2012
4. Correct string is now in system profiler.plist so I can change it and delete manually added one.

Weird.

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Got it.
1. Changed sys def to macmini 6,2 - no change after reboot. String still missing from plist.
2. Added string manually (copied from other hack) to com.apple.system profiler.plist - now name of computer in about this mac shows only "Mac" and computer name goes blank in finder
3. Renamed computer in sharing preference and now about this mac shows Mac mini 2012
4. Correct string is now in system profiler.plist so I can change it and delete manually added one.

Weird.

I also am running 10.8.5 and cannot find the com.apple.systemprofiler.plist file anywhere. Did you find it, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

The plist was always there, it was just missing the necessary strings to change. I use the show/hide app to show hidden files and then the plist is in /users/administrator (or whatever your user name is)/library/preferences/ just as it should be.
Mike

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

LOL!!! That was fun!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 490
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Did you reboot after you made the changes?

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

nice guide king13p.

Attachments

• badmac.jpg
    badmac.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 345
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Anybody have any luck trying this with 10.9?

After opening Terminal and typing "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE", nothing happens after relaunching Finder..

Anybody else experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back