Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Thanks for this guide.

I just wanted to add on a solution in case anyone was having trouble with the changes sticking after editing the plist.

I restarted numerous times, tried hidden/show files in terminal, and the rest of the tricks, but nothing stuck. So I ended up reinstalling the MacPro3.1 defs through Multibeast again, and after a restart, my changes showed up. Perfect now. Thanks!

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

I've made 2 icns

One Coolermaster Haf 922 and my monitor the iiyama ProLite E2473HDS-B1 or E2473HS-B1

Better YouTube instuction video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9TFZGziQQ

The icons are zippit

See pictures for result...

Attachments

• Monitor.png
    Monitor.png
    72 KB · Views: 362
  • Haf922.png
    Haf922.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Icons By Larz.zip
    949.6 KB · Views: 118
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 922832_10151534837188500_1716189376_n.jpg
    922832_10151534837188500_1716189376_n.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 184
Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Hmm... I am still unable to change my name in the com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist. I am not sure what all the .lockfile types are but even in creating a new user, they're there. Does anyone have any idea or suggestion on this?

Thanks!

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Ok so I go this working and it "was" awesome. However, I changed my System Definition from iMac 12,2 to Mac Pro 3,1 and then back and forth a couple times with MultiBeast to get my speakers to stop popping (which actually worked). But then, my "about this mac" wont accept anything now. I've even deleted the file and rebooted. Screen Shot 2013-07-11 at 11.16.35 PM.jpg
The screen just says "mac pro" nothing else and nothing on the second line.

Screen Shot 2013-07-11 at 11.18.47 PM.jpg
Could the OS be "caching" the info some how? Thanks for the help!

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

Anyone figured this out? My info in the SystemProfile.plist doesn't affect anything...only changes within the file.

Losing my mind here o_O :crazy:

Mod About This Mac 10.8!

I have a very different problem. When I click "About This Mac", I am immediately dumped out of my desktop, back to the login screen. It's really weird, it happened first to my partner's hack, then mine. I don't recall making any changes anywhere that should have caused this behavior. I can still get to the System Profiler by holding the Alt key and clicking "System Information".

One more possibly important piece of information is that when I'm in System Profiler, everything works as it should except for "Memory". When I click "Memory", I get the message, "There was an error while gathering this information."

Does anyone have any idea about what's going on? Or how I can fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back