gtx 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SUCCESS] Mobo won't recognize EFI partition/Clover

FIXED: Updated my BIOS to version 2501 and set secure boot to "Other OS." This option was not available on version 0607.

Asus P8Z77-V lx

i5 3570k
GTX 670

I have managed to get El Capitan booting via Clover USB, however, there is no clover menu. It goes straight to the Apple logo and boots. I also installed post-installation tools and clover etc. to my hard disk and copied USB clover files over to my hard disk EFI partition.

For some reason, attempting to boot without USB brings me to the motherboard interface and only has the option to boot "Mac OS X," which also just brings me back to the motherboard interface. Why does my mobo not recognize the EFI partition? It is set to "UEFI devices only" and "prioritize EFI" boot options. And why does my USB boot directly into El Capitan without showing me the Clover bootloader?

EDIT: I also set the HDD as the default drive in boot options via Clover config to no avail.

Let's start with why the Clover USB doesn't give you a menu. Can you post your config.plist from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist as an attachment?

For the booting from hard drive problem, did you use the UniBeast guide or another? If UniBeast, did you select UEFI Boot or Legacy Boot?

Let's start with why the Clover USB doesn't give you a menu. Can you post your config.plist from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist as an attachment?

For the booting from hard drive problem, did you use the UniBeast guide or another? If UniBeast, did you select UEFI Boot or Legacy Boot?

I installed via UniBeast and selected UEFI, then installed Clover 3270 UEFI. Here's my config.plist file.
View attachment config.plist

Someone said disabling Secure Boot fixed this. Can you see if that's set in your BIOS?

My BIOS version does not have this option.

I just did a clean install with a new USB and can at least access the clover menu when booting from USB. Attempting boot without USB still brings me to the mobo interface.

I'll look into updating my BIOS now. Currently on version 0607 build date 4/18/2012.

Have you installed HFSPlus.efi in EFI Partition? Which motherboard do you have?

Updating my BIOS to version 2501 added the "Other OS" option and fixed the issue. Thanks man.

Same problem here. clover installed as uefi, but only show mac os x at boot and the end.
Did you ever get to the solution of this problem? I have the same issue with my Mobo - GA Z87-UD3H
I created usb stick according to instructions here, and when trying to boot from USB stick, my only boot options are MAC OS X, and the actual name of the flash drive. When I try to boot into any of those, I get the "Reboot and select proper boot device" error. All my UEFI bios settings are correct. Tried switching the Legacy and UEFI settings and none of that works. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back