gtx780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody

I recently bought Macbook pro and just fall in love with Yosemite. As I am a LoL and WoW enthusiast and also an overlocker I use Windows7Ultimate for my main OS. But during christmas I visited my home town so I didn't have my PC with me and was forced to use Macbook. Since its very cool OS and the few programs/games I use the most are available to OS X so I decided to give it a try and make my own hackingtosh.

1st thing was to use this guide as everything looked so easy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quk...eature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_2136410855

my problem was that my PC was restarting constantly after starting the installer. As it turned out its a common problem with my MoBo. My spec is:
4770k@4,5K/16GB Corsair Platinium 1600/EVGA Z87 FTW/GTX780/2x Intel330SSD/Corsair RM1000 PSU/Samsung UD590 4k monitor

After using google for few minutes I have found this guide:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...semite-10100-on-a-evga-z87-ftwhaswell-system/

Using this I was able to install OS X and run it. 1st try I didn't have sound and could not fix this. 6th time was the charm. After installation I skipped hand installation of drivers and used Multibeast. After few tweaks I got my system up and running. Then, after computer went to sleep and back I lost sound. Fixed it again. After that I bought Norton Security, installed it, rebooted and booting stopped at Bluetooth controller. Fixed it also. Happy I succeeded I installed LoL and played few games.

Now my problem is that after 2-3 mins of gaming graphics freezes and there is nothing I can do about it, hard reset is required. Also video playback causes trouble - after few mins its also freezes and hard reset is required again.

I understand all this is because of poorly compatibility with my hardware - mostly motherboard I guess - and all this driver installations "by hand".

My question is:

Is there a motherboard that I can buy and install OS X without this much trouble to have smoothly running system? Maybe I need to change some more hardware?(please not gigabyte, maybe different EVGA or asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA, something decent for OC or even something for socket 2011v3)
For the time being I will be coming back to Windows but I hope to hear from you, get the propped MoBo and install OS X again and have a long and good life with it.
Please help...
Thanks in advance

Take a look at any of the Asus Z97 models in the Buyer's Guide. The Z97 Pro is the
best BFYB. They will work well for your needs and are as easy to setup as Gigabyte now.

Will Asus Maximus VI FORMULA z87 be ok?

I LC all my builds and every cooling gear I can install is an addition :)

Here is one of my previous builds, VI Formula would allow me successfully come back to UVred color :)
http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=31891

As I am a LoL and WoW enthusiast

I think WoW runs pretty ok on OSX, but the last time I checked, LoL was a real pain.

yesterday i installed new gfx driver and things were good for few hours, than gameplay started to slow down, LoL was jumping from 30-60 fps constantly(cpu is like 50oC and gfx is 35oC so its not overheating) so i went to sleep

today 1st game was ok, and than another started to behave the same way.
after one hour "system" said that the new driver is available and it want to install it - i agree but nothing changed.

also i observed that if the PC is turned off for some time to start it up I need to press "power" than it goes to boot loader, freezes, I need to restart it and than it can boot to OS X.

Is it possible to build hackintosh with the right components once and do not worry about it misbehaving and causing trouble?

in 3 day my holidays end and I will want to by MoBo to build better hackintosh - so far MoBo choice is ASUS Maximus Formula VI
If you want to advise me something else please hurry :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back