Contribute
Register

Mobility radeon HD 5650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've got an ATI Firepro M5800, do you think this technique would work for it as well?

I'm not sure about how to tell if my laptop has a discrete mode for the video card though I can display in 1600x900x32 if I set that as the "Graphics Mode" param in iBoot. Unfortunately I've never been able to get the regular chameleon boot loader to work directly from the hdd.

I ran across something interesting:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

This is a couple months old but talks about different framebuffers Kabyl set up in Chameleon. Maybe I would have to use one of them. Also he says this:
Code:
If the card is not primary, then you need a <vendorid>_<deviceid>_<subsysid>.rom under /Extra.

This I am guessing is what you had to do for your 5650 card. But I wonder what card is primary or not?

Just thinking out loud :D

ttotto said:
I ran across something interesting:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

This is a couple months old but talks about different framebuffers Kabyl set up in Chameleon. Maybe I would have to use one of them. Also he says this:
Code:
If the card is not primary, then you need a <vendorid>_<deviceid>_<subsysid>.rom under /Extra.

This I am guessing is what you had to do for your 5650 card. But I wonder what card is primary or not?

Just thinking out loud :D

This methods with the first boot file from Kabyl does not work for mem but could be worth a try.
The newer boot will look for Vendorid_deviceid.romm as you can see in the screenshot in the secomd post.

magicman0 said:
I have a similar problem with an ATI Mobility 5730.

My laptop screen is blank and the backlight is on. When I connect an external monitor, I see that I have QE/CI, but theres a problem. It detects my external monitor as the internal lcd. I'm guessing this is because it doesn't see my internal monitor. In system profiler, I can see that it shows that nothing is connected. I tried the Forced EDID, but it doesn't work.

So basically I need help making my computer recognize that there is an internal lcd.

So the card is recognized successfully. Good to hear.
Check one of my threads above to go on with injecting the EDID as described here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=208410

So I just tried to reinstall, update to 10.6.6 and use your method but it was a no go. Still got the same error.

as i stated in an earlier post, what if my ioreg does not show

DisplayProductID, DisplayVendorID, and IODisplayPrefsKey values

cmd + f and i cannot find those at all. I was doing that through a screen share.
also note i booted with iboot legacy and for some reason, cannot boot with ati chameleon by kabyl. all i get is boot0 gpt test error in no particular order

I'm using an HP TMT2 running 10.6.6 with ATI 5450- I've followed the instructions here several times, but I'm also getting a "unable to open ATI video bios file... Wrong BIOS signature: 0000"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible that it's because the tm2t has two video cards? I don't know how to turn the intel one off, there's nothing in the BIOS setup screen about that. Any ideas?

briwil im at the same point you are. I have a ATI Radeon 6570M. No matter what I try this is the error I get when I use boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Any hope for HD 5430 Mobility?

Really want it to work :(

Bump

Has anyone got this to work for them?

Update so I lost my IBoot disk and had to download the latest one and I noticed something very interesting. My old one was so outdated back of december of last year It would let me boot my mac partition or my snow leapord install disk. Well this new disk works with Graphics Enabler. This was great news because I know that my Chameleon was also never updated so hopefully I can get good results. Wish me luck! Will post if I get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back