Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

This VGA is working OK into Lion (currently 10.7.2) but no QE/CI. The resolution is fine, there are transparencies everywhere but it isnt showing in the System Profiler and videos and Flash are kinda slow. Could you please point me how to make this work?

Don't forget it's a notebook video card, GeForce GTX 560M 2GB (Notebook is a Asus G53SX)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2011-10-14 às 20.27.38 .png
    Captura de Tela 2011-10-14 às 20.27.38 .png
    56.1 KB · Views: 347
bsides, I can't tell you what the issue is with your laptop, but how hard was it to get OSX on your G53, and what release are you using? (10.6/10.7)

drpong2 said:
bsides, I can't tell you what the issue is with your laptop, but how hard was it to get OSX on your G53, and what release are you using? (10.6/10.7)
Wasn't hard at all. Just started with Leopard 10.6 and iBoot disk, and installed it just to get Lion bootable. After that, Lion installed just fine with another boot cd (I can't remember which one). This post has 3 months now and I'm not using Mac in my machine anymore because of annoying reboots - but depending on what you do with your machine, it will work just fine. Good luck!

I have a GTX 560M and have not managed to boot into Lion with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Does your laptop also have the Intel HD3000? Did you have to disable it in the bios or something?

I can only boot into Lion with GraphicsEnabler=no, which then uses the HD3000 without QE/CI.

Hello, sorry slight derail, but I can't help noticing that the laptop I am using at the moment for windows is using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1.5GB and I have simply never tried to install OSX on it as I was under the impression that any GPU with NVIDIA Optimus graphics switching technology was not supported ? The sticky at the top of this forum says "8) If your laptop is using NVIDIA Optimus graphics switching technology, you can stop reading as it's not supported and most likely will never be." Is that incorrect ?

zeuzzz said:
Is that incorrect ?
My NVIDIA 560GTX 2GB works fine in Lion, Q/E and CI working as well. ASUS G53S Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back