Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F8 i5 2500K HD 6870 Triple Monitor Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've followed your instructions and can't seem to get audio working. Even headphones don't work. Any suggestion?

I've followed your instructions and can't seem to get audio working. Even headphones don't work. Any suggestion?

Are you following my 10.8.3 update instruction or the whole installation process?

I updated from a working 10.8.2. Had audio working perfect until I updated to 10.8.3. Now I can't get it to work.

I updated from a working 10.8.2. Had audio working perfect until I updated to 10.8.3. Now I can't get it to work.

Did you try to run Permission repair unit Disk Utility before and after the update?

Run MultiBeast just selecting your audio kext. You have to do that after every OS X update (or just about every update). Sometimes you have to do it twice. But, that should do it.

Thanks Moarfish!! Just updated. Followed your directions and also followed the advice of Stork to only install the audio kext in Multibeast. My sound is working and everything seems fine. My boot up speed is still the same. Didn't see any improvement on that.

Thanks Moarfish!! Just updated. Followed your directions and also followed the advice of Stork to only install the audio kext in Multibeast. My sound is working and everything seems fine. My boot up speed is still the same. Didn't see any improvement on that.

The boot time was 15 spin in apple logo in 10.8.2 while 10.8.3 is 6 spin. However, replacing the kext with the one in Lion gives a further improvement to 2-3 spins to the desktop.
Replacing the kext raise trouble when updating the OS. I can live with 6 spin so I leave it as vanilla as possible.

Hi moarfish.

I have the same MB, but my video card is nvidia. I Have lion 10.7.5 Installed and working perfect.

I've tried to upgrade to 10.8.3. Literally impossible. (I also tried with 10.8.0. The same thing.)
I do not understand why, but when it comes to the installation screen the computer restarts.
I bought the ML build the usb with unibeast, so good but do not want to run the installer. With -v read all kext and when finish, screen go black and reboot after 3 or 5 seconds

I also tried running the upgrade of the ML from Lion. Wrong. I run the app, therefore selected another HD for ML, copy some things, rebooted and reloaded Lion doing nothing.

I've tried everything I've found, but nothing. Any idea?

Thanks

Hi moarfish.

I have the same MB, but my video card is nvidia. I Have lion 10.7.5 Installed and working perfect.

I've tried to upgrade to 10.8.3. Literally impossible. (I also tried with 10.8.0. The same thing.)
I do not understand why, but when it comes to the installation screen the computer restarts.
I bought the ML build the usb with unibeast, so good but do not want to run the installer. With -v read all kext and when finish, screen go black and reboot after 3 or 5 seconds

I also tried running the upgrade of the ML from Lion. Wrong. I run the app, therefore selected another HD for ML, copy some things, rebooted and reloaded Lion doing nothing.

I've tried everything I've found, but nothing. Any idea?

Thanks

Try to install using your HD3000 onboard graphic and install your display card back after successful ML installation.

Has anyone experienced odd ethernet issues once updating to 10.8.3? I find that I have to restart my computer often because even though I have an IP address, I can't connect to the internet. All of the other wired and wireless devices on my router still have internet access and when I'm booted into Windows I don't see this issue, but I have to restart OS X once or twice a day because it won't connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back