Graphics
Intel HD4000 intergrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having some trouble getting ML to recognise my hard drive. My SSD with ML is fine and it recognises flash drives, i have tried 3 different flash drives - all fine.

I am using a Gigabyte Z77 DS3H mobo.

I read that i didn't need a DSDT because my mobo doesn't need one so i opted for User DSDT or DSDT free instillation via Multibeast 5.5.5.

The only extra boxes i checked were USB 3.0 Universal, my correct audio driver and Fake SMC plugins as i plan to overclock a little later on.

I have my SSD plugged into a white SATA port and my optical drive into a blue one. The optical drive works fine so the driver is working for both 3/6 gb\s SATA's it would suggest.

I have tried swapping the HDD into different ports to no avail.

My BIOS settings are as advised, SATA mode set to AHCI and HPET enabled, i don't have the option for 64 bit, just enable.

It's worth mentioning that boot is much quicker when i remove the HDD from the rig. Also with the HDD plugged in, when i try to load disk utility it fails.

I hope i have given enough detail for someone to help and i have read a couple of posts from this forum on this issue but could't find a fix.

Many thanks.

Just plugged in another SSD and that is recognised fine.

Still would like to get the HDD working though. Do i perhaps need to download firmware for it? It's a Seagate Barracuda 1TB.

Downloaded .ISO firmware and burned to CD as per manufacture's instructions. Im supposed to press and hold the option key to get to a display screen but nothing happens ;/

I'll soldier on but if anyone else has had this problem getting hard drives to work please chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back