Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3878
CPU
Inter Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Hello,

I've recently reformatted the drive on my HP 4530 and installed ubuntu 12.4 for the simple fact that since SL every time I would close the lid, put the computer sleep or boot it up I would need to press the wifi button in order to have internet connectivity; i remember quite some time ago this was one of the flaws along with not supporting full HD resolution that came along installing some sort of os x on this computer. Does stuff like this still happens in ML? Does it work a seamless now? I'm not complaining i know the solution to all these problems would be going to the apple store but I'm curious if it was my install? or just the way things are.

Flash
semper fi

Hello,

I've recently reformatted the drive on my HP 4530 and installed ubuntu 12.4 for the simple fact that since SL every time I would close the lid, put the computer sleep or boot it up I would need to press the wifi button in order to have internet connectivity; i remember quite some time ago this was one of the flaws along with not supporting full HD resolution that came along installing some sort of os x on this computer. Does stuff like this still happens in ML? Does it work a seamless now? I'm not complaining i know the solution to all these problems would be going to the apple store but I'm curious if it was my install? or just the way things are.

Flash
semper fi

Well, I am not experiencing any of those problems. YMMV...

Well, I am not experiencing any of those problems. YMMV...

Thanks for the prompt response I think I'll give it another try tonight. I've noticed on your sig you are triple booting, is this on one drive? Can you shed some light on how you were able to accomplish this successfully ill appreciate it.

Thanks for the prompt response I think I'll give it another try tonight. I've noticed on your sig you are triple booting, is this on one drive? Can you shed some light on how you were able to accomplish this successfully ill appreciate it.

Yes I am triple booting and at one time I was quad-booting. Then Win7, Win8, Lion, Ubuntu... Now Win7, ML, Ubuntu. If you follow the link in my sig to my blog, you will see an article detailing the quad boot (getting Win7 and Win8 together to behave with Chimera was the tricky part)... easy enough to do the triple boot based on those instructions.

And yes... all on one 256GB SSD...

Yes I am triple booting and at one time I was quad-booting. Then Win7, Win8, Lion, Ubuntu... Now Win7, ML, Ubuntu. If you follow the link in my sig to my blog, you will see an article detailing the quad boot (getting Win7 and Win8 together to behave with Chimera was the tricky part)... easy enough to do the triple boot based on those instructions.

And yes... all on one 256GB SSD...

I've just complete my tripple boot system following your guide, it was very informative and precise I was able to breeze through all installations with no problems. I would like to thank you for all the hard work it took to put this thing together also for everyone else that reads this the gptsync part is very important step to succeed.

I used your blog as well a few weeks ago to get my double boot set up. Thanks a bunch! The part that was messing with me and that no on explains well is the gptsync step. I beat my head against the wall for at least a week until I saw your blog. Without that step, the drive will never boot and you won't be able to tell why.

Multi-boot help (was: ML Wifi question)

Nice to hear that you've all found the blog article useful. At the very beginning, I must have re-installed 15 times to figure out the right combination of partition setup and boot settings. Now I know more of what's required and can repair things that go wrong without re-installing, but at the time I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back