Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi, before I go on customizing my new purchased Sony laptop. Can Mountain Lion be installed on it with just few minor issues or of-course it'l be great if it works 100%.

Here's my Specs.
Sony Vaio SVE1511mfxs
Intel i7-3612QM @ 2.1Ghz
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
1366x768 display

Oh wait. I think I'll ask this first. Does osX (Mountain Lion) looks great(ok, at least good) in a 1366x768 display? If it DOESN'T then maybe I'll keep my Windows(doesn't look good also, lol).

Thanks. I hope I'll get some replies.

I have a SVE1711X1EB and I have:
Intel Core i7 3612QM
Intel HD4000 graphics
AMD HD 7650M graphics
8GB RAM
1920x1080 display

So pretty similar.

I have my hackintosh almost complete but it was not easy, lots of issues along the way but most things work now. Graphics acceleration does not work, do you have another graphics card? If you don't, you may be able to get your HD4000 to work, I can't as I can't turn off my AMD one due to locked BIOS and I'm really struggling with that, for me it's a show stopper as I'm stuck with 7mb VRAM which is just unusable. Hunting around/waiting for a bios mod, do you have the E6 (InsydeH20 R0200E6) BIOS? If so, let me know if you find a mod for it :)

What WiFi card do you have? If it's the Atheros 9485, that won't work and you'll need a replacement. I bought the Atheros AR9287 (£9 from eBay) and it works out of the box.

Other than that most things work, you need to hunt down a few kexts but stuff like battery sensor, sleep, trackpad (not full gestures), ethernet, audio, app store etc all work (after kext installs, pretty much nothing works on first install!).

1366x768 screen res looks urgh on any OS imo lol

Gimme a shout if you get stuck

I have a SVE1711X1EB and I have:
Intel Core i7 3612QM
Intel HD4000 graphics
AMD HD 7650M graphics
8GB RAM
1920x1080 display

Hello. Please forgive me for my english, it is not perfect.

I have laptop sony vaio and i want to install mac os.
Pleas help me to do it.

I tried several times but only once i got to install. But when ш was creating account - the system hanged.

I will be very grateful to you.

hey can you help me? Im tryng to install Mac Os x (Mountain Lion ) In my Vaio. It is SVE14125CXB. It has the same devices that yours. Please write me [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back