1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to install ML 5 days now and I am like this :crazy:

I got stuck in varius errors when I was trying to boot from the USB like

[PCI Configuration Begin]
Waiting for Root device
etc

Anyway I managed to by pass all of them....

I got INTO the ML installer screen, I opened Disk Utilities and I formated my HDD (500GB) with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Master Boot Record(is this correct??)

I continued with the installation, ML installed succesfully on my HDD and the laptop rebooted.... ANDDDDD................

it stucked on

AGAIN booting from HDD.....

Why? Do I have to move any kexts to the HDD? And If yes how???

Thanks for your time and effort :banghead:

I am trying to install ML 5 days now and I am like this :crazy:

I got stuck in varius errors when I was trying to boot from the USB like

Waiting for Root device
etc

Anyway I managed to by pass all of them....

I got INTO the ML installer screen, I opened Disk Utilities and I formated my HDD (500GB) with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Master Boot Record(is this correct??)

I continued with the installation, ML installed succesfully on my HDD and the laptop rebooted.... ANDDDDD................

it stucked on

AGAIN booting from HDD.....

Why? Do I have to move any kexts to the HDD? And If yes how???

Thanks for your time and effort :banghead:

What are your system specs?

Well I managed to boot from my USB but I do not understant why i cannot boot from HHD?

Anyway by specs are:

Sony Vaio CPCF11M1E
Platform: Intel® Core™ i5 processor; Chipset Intel PM55 Express Chipset
CPU: Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.4Ghz; Instructions Supported: MMX, SSE(1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T. VT-x, AES
RAM: 4Gb DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
HDD: 500GB

Well I managed to boot from my USB but I do not understant why i cannot boot from HHD?

Anyway by specs are:

Here i give you guide "how to boot from HDD"
1. Boot from Your USB/DVD

2. Choose the path to boot form USB, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]just like you install the MAC[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]3. When you are there, go to [/FONT]UTILITIES --> TERMINAL

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]4. type:[/FONT]
/sbin/mount -uw / --->enter
diskutil list --->enter
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]####looking where your MAC installed (example in[/FONT]: /dev/disk0 ...on partition 1[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif])[/FONT]
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 -->enter
f 1
w
y
q
cd /usr/standalone/i386
ls -a --->note: every single step use Enter
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]####looking if you have (boot1h and/or boot1h2) ------using only one.[/FONT]
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1 bs=4096
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]---- you will looking the result like copied [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]something and say complete.---this will be writing to your booting image.[/FONT]
exit

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]go to apple menu -- chose [/FONT]Reboot.

5. then you need to download "boot1h"
View attachment boot1h.zip

6. Using Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LiveCD
open GPARTED -----
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] looking where is your MAC Partition (HFS+) --- example[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]/dev/sda1[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]copy the "boot1h" to your desktop[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]open TERMINAL, type:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop ..........([/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]this to navigate to to boot1h that you copy in desktop[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif])[/FONT]
sudo dd if=booth1h of=/dev/sda1 bs=4096
....also you will looking like copied something and say ok. this will be writing your booting.
sudo reboot

7. Remove all your media (USB-Boot/DVD) and restart your computer.

8. Cheers, you get your hackintosh running without that "boot:0 boot:error"

Sorry for my bad English, due to I'm Indonesian.

HOrass, felixian

ian.felix83 cheers thank you

I will test this as soon as I go home and I will report back if I have any problems :clap:

Hello again, I got a problem :p

ls -a

I get

. EfiLoginUi tmbootpicker.efi
.. boot.efi tmpbootpicker.efi.pecoff

####looking if you have (boot1h and/or boot1h2) ------using only one.
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1 bs=4096
----

Here i get: dd: boot1h: No such file or directory

I think your dealing with two major issues....and I hate to be the bearer of bad news....

1....when formatting HD you MUST use GPT partition, NOT Master Boot Record...MBR

2....AMD processors are NOT SUPPORTED!

perhaps I have misunderstood your situation.....???

anyway.....good luck...

(I have a laptop with Nvidia Optimus graphics and therefor cannot accelerate graphics.... ):

AMD processor is on my Dektop Computer

I am trying to install hackitosh to my laptop which is Intel :D

The Second part.... I didnt know that :rolleyes:

So after I boot in ML I have to format my disk as GUID Partition? And then install ML in the GUID partition?

Because all the guides I read were saying to create a Master Boot Partition for the USB, so I thoight to do the same for my HDD.

Can you please verify that I have to format the disk in GUID and re-install ML?

the fix it, go to the screen of booting, and select OSX and then black screen... i seleck -v mode and whe end of charge all.. then is like turn on but... the screen is black... you know why?

AMD processor is on my Dektop Computer

I am trying to install hackitosh to my laptop which is Intel :D

The Second part.... I didnt know that :rolleyes:

So after I boot in ML I have to format my disk as GUID Partition? And then install ML in the GUID partition?

Because all the guides I read were saying to create a Master Boot Partition for the USB, so I thoight to do the same for my HDD.

Can you please verify that I have to format the disk in GUID and re-install ML?

You Must use MBR in OPTIONS and for Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) .....these for the USB with Unibeast...

after Unibeast is correctly on the USB, and you can boot to USB installer and use the disk utility to

format the HD of your choice...

This MUST be GUID Partition Method for OPTIONS this time!

(still choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for FORMAT choice)

You should review the instructions HERE:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

there are many little details that can cause problems....

I had to choose "LAPTOP" and "Legacy USB Support" during Unibeast install, for my USB ports to work on my Dell XPS L521X,

and have always needed

Graphics Enabler=NO

as a boot flag because of Nvidia with Optimus, (if you have NO other ONBOARD graphics (intel) or if you can switch them off in BIOS you may have other options!)

and can so far only boot in safe mode...

-x

still mostly functional.... and awaiting next Multi-Beast for series 7 mobo solutions.....

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back