Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to get audio working with a Z77X-UP4 TH which has the 892 chip. The lines are recognized in sound prefs and in system info. But I am unable to get any audio on any port to work.

I have attached my ioreg. Any help or guidance appreciated. I am using the non -dst method. I installed AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext for 892 using kextbeast.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• ioregfile.zip
    509.3 KB · Views: 87
I am trying to get audio working with a Z77X-UP4 TH which has the 892 chip. The lines are recognized in sound prefs and in system info. But I am unable to get any audio on any port to work. I have attached my ioreg. Any help or guidance appreciated. I am using the non -dst method. I installed AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext for 892 using kextbeast.Thanks for any suggestions.
Was 892 audio working in Lion? I don't see anything wrong. Suggest a clean install. Make system bootable with MultiBeast, no audio. Restart. Use KextBeast to instal ML_AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1. Restart and reply with new IOReg,

Hi Toleda, thanks! that got my HDMI audio working and I can now see the Intel High Definition Audio in System Information, but unfortunately not in System Preferences, only Airplay and HDMI are displayed.

I have tried layout-ids 1 & 2 and used both legacy and non-legacy versions of your kexts but no joy. Do you have any suggestions?
Can't answer your question until I see the dsdt and IOReg.

Was 892 audio working in Lion? I don't see anything wrong. Suggest a clean install. Make system bootable with MultiBeast, no audio. Restart. Use KextBeast to instal ML_AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1. Restart and reply with new IOReg,

This was a fresh Mountain Lion install on a new system. I will try your suggestion and see if that works, will let you know. Thanks.

This was a fresh Mountain Lion install on a new system. I will try your suggestion and see if that works, will let you know. Thanks.

@Toleda - just did a fresh install - multibeast 502 (no audio) - reboot - kextbeast with the alpha drivers on post#1 for 892. Same results - no audio.

I also tried plugging in headphones to the front panel jack. Sounds prefs updated "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones". But nothing on the headphones.

I have attached a new ioreg.

The cksums on the files:

16079709 103836 HDAEnabler
1430915577 830120 AppleHDA

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• ioregclean.zip
    475.1 KB · Views: 81
Can't answer your question until I see the dsdt and IOReg.

Apologies, I have attached them to this post. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    287.8 KB · Views: 92
@Toleda - just did a fresh install - multibeast 502 (no audio) - reboot - kextbeast with the alpha drivers on post#1 for 892. Same results - no audio.

I also tried plugging in headphones to the front panel jack. Sounds prefs updated "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones". But nothing on the headphones.
Your IOReg says audio is working. I don't know what is interfering. I see a bunch of USB stuff; try audio with only a keyboard and mouse after a restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back