ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 1 issue, i see in system.log and on console:
Code:
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
but audio work well.

What 96KHz source are you using?

I set 96Khz in Audio MIDI Setup and immediately in Console I get 3 Assertion, from that in every program I try to use (iTunes, Cog, Premiere, VLC, etc.) no audio. iTunes start but the progress bar remain @ 0:00, in VLC I see video but no audio, idem in Cog and Premiere.
I don't know if I am missing something in my configuration.
The only other kexts I use are FakeSMC+iTEIT87x+APCISensors+NVClockX+IntelCPUMonitor, RealtekRTL81xx, AHCI_3Party_SATA.
Actually SMBios Mac Pro 4.1.

Thank you in advance.

l0v3r

Hi I'm able to get working ALC898 with the kext posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/55638-interim-realtek-ivy-bridge-lion-applehda.html
but with any later kexts than that, or with this mountain lion one, I get no working onboard audio, only hdmi, is there something I am missing or some additional customization required for it to work with the newer kexts? I'm using a dsdt with HDEF entry, I changed it to 1 for the mountain lion preview but still no go. Same dsdt works fine with the older interim realtek ivy bridge kext.

Hi all

I am struggling to get audio working on my build*. I am trying to get analog audio working first, then want to add HDMI audio.

Mobo: Zotac H77ITX-B-E (Realtek ALC892) / CPU: i5 3570k / Intel HD Graphics 4000

I extracted a DSDT, and followed instructions for add/edit DSDT/HDEF. In the DSDT, I am using layout 3.
I tried both:
* the Multibeast method of UserDSDT + Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/withDSDT/ALC892.
* Installing the AppleHDA.kext from ML_AppleHDA-892.

Doesn't work, I get kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 470 errors in the log.

Attached is my DSDT, IOReg, a screenshot, and my Console/All Message from boot: View attachment herflet-24August-HDEF.zip

I appreciate any and all help!
-herflet

*check my sig for the progress so far on the Zotac mono -- everything but audio I know how to get working...

I don't know. Attach your dsdt and an IOReg with the Preview 898 AppleHDA.kext installed.

Here ya go...preview kext installed, sys is 10.8.1

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    761.6 KB · Views: 105
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 106
Hi all

I am struggling to get audio working on my build*. I am trying to get analog audio working first, then want to add HDMI audio.
The attached dsdt has no edits (no HDEF, no DTGP). However IOReg, shows a layout-id. Reboot with UseKernalCache=No and attach edited dsdt and new copy of IOREG.

Here ya go...preview kext installed, sys is 10.8.1
Thanks. IOReg shows audio working. Two more requests: 1. Make an IOReg with iTunes playing to the internal speakers with Preview. 2. install the Interim, start iTunes, confirm sound and make an IOreg. Reply with both IORegs.

Thanks. IOReg shows audio working. Two more requests: 1. Make an IOReg with iTunes playing to the internal speakers with Preview. 2. install the Interim, start iTunes, confirm sound and make an IOreg. Reply with both IORegs.

I did what you asked but encountered one problem, whenever I tried playing a track in Itunes using the preview kext it would list the track as playing but the timer would never count past 0 seconds, nevertheless I saved an IOReg copy while doing that.

Attachments

• IOReg_iTunes_internal speakers, Preview..zip
    741.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IOReg_iTunes_internal speakers, Interim..zip
    699.3 KB · Views: 75
The attached dsdt has no edits (no HDEF, no DTGP). However IOReg, shows a layout-id. Reboot with UseKernalCache=No and attach edited dsdt and new copy of IOREG.

I did a clean reformat / reinstall from Unibeast. Intel HD 4000 graphics, Sleep/wake, and LAN work. But still have audio problems.

Following steps in first post of this thread, created a dsdt.aml using layout-id 3. Installed with Multibeast, using only the UserDSDT setting. Have not installed any audio drivers from Multibeast.

I did not install a patched AppleHDA because of this section from the first post:
New "Feature" of Mountain Lion AppleHDA
1. AMD/Nvidia and HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio works without on board audio working (assuming dsdt edits) by setting HDEF/layout_id to an existing Apple layout_id such as 1. That means systems with unsupported audio codecs can have HDMI audio and AirPlay audio using the native AppleHDA.kext in Mountain Lion (do not Install a Patched AppleHDA for this feature).

When I reboot with UserKernelCache=No, I get slightly more info in the System Information/Audio section, but audio doesn't work either way.

herflet.boot-no-cache.pngherflet.boot-with-cache.pngView attachment herflet-dsdt-edits-and-IOReg.zip

Attached in the zip is the edited DSDT and IOReg from a KernelCache=No session. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back