Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully installed ML 10.8 but it appeared to lag during my first install but now it still happens I can't even open multibeast without getting the multicolored spinning wheel and I lags then continues spinning and I loose signal on my screen. Someone please help I need to get this build up and running for school.

I successfully installed ML 10.8 but it appeared to lag during my first install but now it still happens I can't even open multibeast without getting the multicolored spinning wheel and I lags then continues spinning and I loose signal on my screen. Someone please help I need to get this build up and running for school.

Mikhail

Sounds like you do not have the drivers installed for the Kepler GFX card - which are installed from MultiBeast.

Look at the Graphics section for some ideas - their are posted linkd to the nVidia site for Kepler drivers that can be installed /w.o using MultiBeast.

Have you tried to boot up in safe mode - which is -x ( safe mode) -v ( for display boot process) cpus=1 ( is for only one core) -f ( for flush kext cache)
PCIrootuid=1 for external gfx card slot.

"-x -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 -f "

take pic and post results

if this fails you may want to try an older nvidia card say something like a 9500 or a 9800 which should get you a desktop
and allow you to run Multibeast - then you can install the nvidia drivers for your Kepler card and shut down remove old card and boot up w new card

Do use the -f option to flush kext cache.

Mikhail

Sounds like you do not have the drivers installed for the Kepler GFX card - which are installed from MultiBeast.

Look at the Graphics section for some ideas - their are posted linkd to the nVidia site for Kepler drivers that can be installed /w.o using MultiBeast.

Have you tried to boot up in safe mode - which is -x ( safe mode) -v ( for display boot process) cpus=1 ( is for only one core) -f ( for flush kext cache)
PCIrootuid=1 for external gfx card slot.

"-x -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 -f "

take pic and post results

if this fails you may want to try an older nvidia card say something like a 9500 or a 9800 which should get you a desktop
and allow you to run Multibeast - then you can install the nvidia drivers for your Kepler card and shut down remove old card and boot up w new card

Do use the -f option to flush kext cache.
thank you for the advice what usually get me to my desktop is -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 but like I said the mouse and screen lags. How would I go about installing the Kepler drivers? I did what you suggested and the message I received at the bottom of the screen was "PCI Configuration Begin" before I could take a pic I lost signal on my monitor. Could it be my hdmi cord or my LCD tv which I'm using as a monitor??? Is there a way around this without buying a different graphics card this my first build and I spent nearly $2000, $400 on the GPU alone.

thank you for the advice what usually get me to my desktop is -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 but like I said the mouse and screen lags. How would I go about installing the Kepler drivers? I did what you suggested and the message I received at the bottom of the screen was "PCI Configuration Begin" before I could take a pic I lost signal on my monitor. Could it be my hdmi cord or my LCD tv which I'm using as a monitor??? Is there a way around this without buying a different graphics card this my first build and I spent nearly $2000, $400 on the GPU alone.

Mikhail
You need to use this npci=0x3000 as part of the startup commands - may need to add this to get past the waiting for PCI Configuation Begin.

As to the option of a different GFX card - do you have any friends that may have a older GFX card that you could use to sub out the 670 till you get a desktop to install from MB what you need

Mikhail
You need to use this npci=0x3000 as part of the startup commands - may need to add this to get past the waiting for PCI Configuation Begin.

As to the option of a different GFX card - do you have any friends that may have a older GFX card that you could use to sub out the 670 till you get a desktop to install from MB what you need
I tried combo -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 and now my mouse is fully responsive I'm able to open to multibeast unfortunately I had to leave to work but hopefully everything will work after I input my settings for multibeast if I run into any trouble ill repost here. Thank you for all your assistance I really do appreciate it I had my build finished going on 3 weeks now and I continued to run into problems with installation. So I'm really grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back