CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've searched, but can't find an answer to this. I had no problems with my first hackintosh build (thanks everyone) and my Mountain Lion upgrade went smoothly also. I rarely use my LG Bluray drive, but noticed today that OS X doesn't recognize it. It's listed in BIOS and during boot, but OS X itself doesn't recognize. The drive worked perfectly prior to installing ML.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Same here. System report says: "No disc burning device was found. If the device is external, make sure it’s connected and turned on."

Everything works on Lion. Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard with F10 bios.
In another thread there is an possible workaround by replacing the ML AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily with the Lion ones, that should also
resolve a slowness in ML. My ML is actually a bit faster than Lion.

--stoca

I've searched, but can't find an answer to this. I had no problems with my first hackintosh build (thanks everyone) and my Mountain Lion upgrade went smoothly also. I rarely use my LG Bluray drive, but noticed today that OS X doesn't recognize it. It's listed in BIOS and during boot, but OS X itself doesn't recognize. The drive worked perfectly prior to installing ML.

Any thoughts on a fix?

I had the exact issue,everything fine in Lion but in ML "no disc burning device was found", and menu bar eject icon said "no drives". I was pulling my hair out and believe or not I managed to get it working by rearranging where all my drives hooked into sata ports on mobo, and bingo my optical drive was back, strange but true.

same thing..

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 Board,
hooked to SATA,
not recognized by Mountain Lion.. prior Mac Versions worked fine

here the screen of System Profiler (it say's "unknown")

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-31 um 13.54.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-31 um 13.54.46.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 910
See "Eject Button In ML" thread.

There is a modified AHCI_3rdParty_SATA that fixes the issue.

I also cannot get mine to work. It acts like it isn't even plugged in. My drive wont respond in any way. Works fine in lion partition though...

See "Eject Button In ML" thread.

There is a modified AHCI_3rdParty_SATA that fixes the issue.

Could you post the link? The search engine since the update works kinda crappy :/

Did you get any resolution on this one. I've had the same issue and found this thread. I have LG WH12LS38 - worked great in Lion and haven't changed any hardware around but won't even show up in system profiler now. Where would I find the modified AHCI_3rdParty_SATA fix? Is this built into the new Multibeast?

Thx

I had the exact same problem, however, i fixed it by installing these kexts...
http://205.196.120.244/tgi2aikptbyg/9v1fr0dbd8ub94g/Lion+kexts.zip
extract them to the desktop and run kextbeast.
They replace some moutain lion kexts with the old Lion ones, this not only fixed the optical drive for me but also the restart and shutdown aswell, and sped up the boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back