Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if someone could help me out. I have tried to get native Ivy Power management going on 10.8.5 but seem to be locked at a 800 Turbo & don't know how to fix it, as I've tried everything. I have posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm-50.html #499 with my ioreg and ssdtprgen settings.

Oh and I'm running a z77x-up5-th with a 3770K CPU if that helps.

Thanks.

mark

Hi there all, kind of a noob and have never tried to get native pm before and can't get it to work.

If some one please could help me to get it right.

Running a Toshiba Satellite L850-vv laptop
i7-3630QM
HD4000

ML 10.8.4

Attached copy of ioreg dsdt and ssdt.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 85
  • ssdt.aml.zip
    823 bytes · Views: 85
  • andsvan.ioreg.zip
    425.1 KB · Views: 93
Hi there all, kind of a noob and have never tried to get native pm before and can't get it to work.

If some one please could help me to get it right.

Running a Toshiba Satellite L850-vv laptop
i7-3630QM
HD4000

ML 10.8.4

Attached copy of ioreg dsdt and ssdt.

From your ioreg, it is working (x86platformplugin is loading). Although you didn't specify what was wrong, your problem is probably that you're only getting two pstates (idle, high). That is caused by your use of iMac13,1. MacBookPro9,1 would be more appropriate and should give you pstates in between the high/low.

From your ioreg, it is working (x86platformplugin is loading). Although you didn't specify what was wrong, your problem is probably that you're only getting two pstates (idle, high). That is caused by your use of iMac13,1. MacBookPro9,1 would be more appropriate and should give you pstates in between the high/low.

Yes it's only 2 ps and no turbo...And i'm using MacBookPro10.1, installed by Chameleon Wizard....hmmmm....why do you see IMac13.1 ??

I have updated the ioregfile in my post, somehow the wrong version got there....

Yes it's only 2 ps and no turbo...And i'm using MacBookPro10.1, installed by Chameleon Wizard....hmmmm....why do you see IMac13.1 ??

I have updated the ioregfile in my post, somehow the wrong version got there....

Your ioreg shows NullCPUPowerManagement loading. You need to remove/not use NullCPU for Ivy PM to work.

FYI: Your previous ioreg showed iMac, this one shows MacBookPro10,1. Still, MacBookPro9,1 is probably more appropriate as I doubt your laptop has a retina display...

I don't have nullcpu installed, why can you see that...hmmm....??? Not in e/e or s/l/e

I don't have nullcpu installed, why can you see that...hmmm....??? Not in e/e or s/l/e

Boot with "-f". Then look at output of 'bdmesg' in Terminal. It is coming from somewhere... (open your ioreg and search for 'nullcpu' and you'll see)

The ioreg never lies!

Yea i see it to but i don't have nullcpupowermanagement.kext installed, so i have no idea where it's coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back