Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-SOC Force
CPU
Intel i7-6700
Graphics
GPU1: Titan X Pascal GPU2: GTX 070
anyone had any luck with the mirroring to apple tv? Apple says that "older" machines can't do it, however with a hackintosh thats a bit of a grey area.

has anyone had success with it yet? I can do it via itunes but under display prefs there should be a way to do it with entire screen.

Please use search. I've seen several posts on AirPlay Mirrioring.

anyone had any luck with the mirroring to apple tv? Apple says that "older" machines can't do it, however with a hackintosh thats a bit of a grey area.

has anyone had success with it yet? I can do it via itunes but under display prefs there should be a way to do it with entire screen.

Airplay mirroring uses a very specific hardware feature that simply is not present on older CPUs. Only later Sandy Bridge CPUs and Ivy Bridge CPUs have the ability to do h.264 encoding/decoding entirely in hardware, and that's what Airplay Mirroring uses, and thus real Mac or not, it won't work unless you have supported hardware. There are third-party tools such as AirParrot that do it in software, however, and allow you to achieve similar functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back