Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UD3
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GTX 1660
I have a hackintosh that took me a while to get working right, but I love it now. I haven;t restarted in about a week because I have been seeding a lot of stuff, but today when I was transferring some files over LAN my internet on my hack stopped working. I thought it was unusual so I restarted. When it was shutting down it kept errors with the ethernet port from what I could gather. It repeated the error an unknown amount of times and then it powered off. Upon restart the internet worked fine, along with everything else, but the computer seems to have a significant lag to it. For instance, I have the dock hidden at the bottom and instead of a fluid motion, it is jagged when it shows and hides. Firefox and other programs also take about 5x the amount of time to open, and when I open up launchpad it flickers when it appears and disappears.

• Ethernet stopped working
  • Errors with the ethernet upon shutdown
  • Restarts fine, except noticeable lag on computer
  • Lag persists after multiple restarts.

Are there any quick solutions or other users that have experienced or heard of this problem? Also, I do have a backup of my HD that is from Carbon Copy Cloner. Will there be any problem if I copy my image from that to my SSD and start from my image from last night?

OK, if anyone is curious or comes across this thread with a similar problem... after a lot of research and tinkering, I was about to give up and restore it from an earlier CCC backup. This worried me however, because I have never restored a hack from one of those and didn't want anything to do wrong. (Has anyone ever tried this?) Luckily, I found the culprit right before I decided to wipe it clean. Apparently sometime within the past week I had to force quit AutoCad 2013. I saw someone with a similar problem, and starting AutoCad and then closing it solved their problem. I tried it and to my surprise it worked!! Awesome.

Also, another random question if anyone knows the answer. When I add files to my iTunes it takes a really long time, when my previous computer (core 2 duo laptop, way underpowered compared to my hack) would do it almost instantly. Anyone had similar issues or know what the deal is?

Thanks for your time, hopefully this thread will help someone eventually.
-kunf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back