Contribute
Register

ML and Mavericks side by side on same drive on hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
IB i7
Graphics
Geforce 1050Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
I've got my stable hackintosh running Mountain Lion on its own drive, no problems with that.
I have a spare partition on said drive, on which I want to install Mavericks to find any potential problems before I switch to it for good.
Any *installation* problems I should be aware of? I already have Chimera booting ML, of course. I can just make a Mavericks stick with UniBeast, install to the spare partition, and the existing Chimera will see it automatically? Any way I can easily erase my ML install during the Mavericks install by mistake? :)

I've got my stable hackintosh running Mountain Lion on its own drive, no problems with that.
I have a spare partition on said drive, on which I want to install Mavericks to find any potential problems before I switch to it for good.
Any *installation* problems I should be aware of? I already have Chimera booting ML, of course. I can just make a Mavericks stick with UniBeast, install to the spare partition, and the existing Chimera will see it automatically? Any way I can easily erase my ML install during the Mavericks install by mistake? :)

Installation should be the same as with ML - just follow the UniBeast guide.
Install the latest Chimera from either the standalone starter or the latest MultiBeast Mavericks - if you want to go back and forth often suggest you use Instant Menu.
Yes, you could easily erase the wrong partition. Be very careful and back up your data. Also suggest you clone your existing install to an external usb drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back