Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was finally able to get my on board audio working again using MB, w/ DSDT and the Legacy 888 Codec but once again the digital audio input is not showing up or working. I've tested the inputs that are showing (I thought maybe one of the line ins showing might have been it) but after going through the audio utility, changing sample rate, etc and the various tricks that will get audio working when it's there but not functioning still cannot get it going so I'm thinking the line ins showing are both analog and the actual digital input is just missing (which is the norm w/ the current kexts, I had a modified one before that made the digital input show up and function but it doesn't work with ML).

I've attached a copy of my IOREG and would appreciate any tips / advice or edits that might restore the digital audio in, I do need it.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    705.8 KB · Views: 70
I was finally able to get my on board audio working again using MB, w/ DSDT and the Legacy 888 Codec but once again the digital audio input is not showing up or working.
Digital Input can be added to AppleHDA.kext, however, it is a do it yourself project. Note, this has not been tested in ML.

Assumption, the 885 ML edited AppleHDA.kext Digital Input works.

What you will need:
1. Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext from Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext
2. Customizing the ML Optimized AppleHDA.kext_v0.4 from Mountain Lion: Customizing the Optimized AppleHDA
3. 885 _ML_AppleHDA.kext View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip, rename 885 _ML_AppleHDA.kext
4. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop, rename 888_ML_AppleHDA.kext

Follow Procedure 1 Add SPDIFIn in Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext
For the differences between Lion and Mountain Lion, see Customizing the ML Optimized AppleHDA.kext_v0.4

layout1.xml in 885 _ML_AppleHDA.kext is the same as layout885.xml in Lion, apply those edit to layout1.xml in 888_ML_AppleHDA.kext.
885 CodecID is 283904133, PathMapID is 885
888 CodecID is 283904136, PathMapID is 888

Copy the all SPDIFIn info from 885 _ML_AppleHDA.kext to 888 _ML_AppleHDA.kext as specified in the Lion guide.
Save the edits, rename 888 _ML_AppleHDA.kext to AppleHDA.kext and install AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast.

Damn, it was a lot easier when all I had to do was install a modified kext.

Other than hiring someone to do this who can actually do it I'm probably stuck w/ searching for an add on digital input PCI card or similar. I'm afraid this one is beyond my current level of hacking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back