Graphics
gtx970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Simply put, do not combine 'Customization/System Definitions' using Multibeast 5.0.2 with Audio driver 'ALC 892 without DSDT'.
I was scratching my head after a fresh install of ML because of a popping sound every time after the soundcard been idle for a while. I finally solved it removing 'smbios.plist' located in 'Extra' in the root directory. I used 'iMac 12,2' 'System Definitions' which cause my issue

So are you saying that you are running ML without any system definition at all?

What does it say when you click "About this Mac" and "More Info"?

Yeah I removed it from the Extra directory.
About this Mac:
OS X
Version 10.8
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk OS X

More Info...:
Mac Pro
'beginning of 2008'
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048 MB
Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Software OS X 10.8 (12A269)

So you are actually using the MacPro3,1 definition. It has been known for quite some time that only the Mac Pro model definitions will avoid the popping sound.

is Mac Pro 3.1 the default definition because I have no smbios.plist in /Extra.
It may very well been known by you for some time :rolleyes: but I haven't found any threads here with that topic nor any warnings in Multibeast so it's definitely contributing creating this thread

Yes, because your Hackintosh has to be some real Mac model.

I'm not sure if there was a dedicated thread before, but the popping issues has been discussed in several threads in the context of "bugged" drivers. And you are right, the issue with non-MacPro definitions should be mentioned somewhere in MultiBeast. (But actually, it's not really an issue with anything that MultiBeast does, because that behavior is the default behavior in Apple's own audio drivers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back