Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SOLVED][ML 10.8] Intel HD 4000 Trouble

Hi everyone,

it's actually my first time posting on this really amazing forum - I've mostly read everything so far. Without too much further adding, here's my Hackintosh Build:

• Core i3-3225 with HD4000 integrated graphics card
  • GA-H77N-WiFi
  • 1TB Seagate Barracuda driver
  • 2 x 4GB LP Corsair DDR3

I have created my bootable USB stick with Unibeast (1.5.3) and ML 10.8 from the App Store. I've installed ML without hiccups, booted without using a single flag. Now, from what I've read so far and understood, my graphics card should be supported natively. I have honestly given up on trying to hope to make this graphics card work with a proper resolution (enabling QE/CI would be absolutely amazing).

Here's what I have tried so far:

1. injecting EFI-string -> didn't work; I've tried with different EFI-strings, whenever I booted without safe mode (-x) I would get distorted image.
  2. installing the mixed graphics driver from MultiBeast (5.3.1) [the one that makes using 7/6 series boards with Sandy/Ivy bridge possible] - nothing happened
  3. trying to manually add my resolution to the org.chameleon.boot.plist -> distorted image

I am writing this thread with the hope that a more experienced hackintosher will be able to help me.

I'm thinking about purchasing a dedicated video card (the GT640 I've understood works flawlessly) but will consider donating some money to anyone who will be able to help me work through this.

P.S: I've formatted (installed/reinstalled) my OS about 10-15 times in the past 3 days and I'm at my wits ends.

Thanks,
Chris.

This is how I solved it:
- searched the DSDT Database for my MB DSDT
- installed MultiBeast UserDSDT
- edited chameleon.org.boot.plist (removed a pre-definied resolution) and only added Graphics Enabler Yes.

Works like a charm now :)

Hey there,

What was the problem you originally had? I am trying to sort out a problem with video and audio synchronisation at the moment. I have almost exactly the same build as you have but have not added any DSDTs yet, so maybe my solution is there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back